Chapter 17: It's Close

(Eyeless Jack's POV)
I walked down the hallway in my shorts. I had a terrible dream, and I needed to cool down. I looked around the corner to see Haven asleep on the couch. She was fast asleep. I smiled and walked into the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face and let out a sigh of relief. I turned the bathroom light off as I walked out. 

 "S-stop h-him -jack..." 

I stopped and glanced over my shoulder. Haven was mumbling to herself in her sleep. I drew near her, curious to see what she was whispering about. I noticed that she was shaking violently, and that tears rolled down her face onto the pillow. I bent down near her and cocked my head to the side. She continued to mumble and shiver. Instinctively, I started stroking her hair. She's like my pet, right? Her long, red hair was so soft, I wanted to bury my face into it. Haven stopped mumbling, but sadly she continued to shake. At least I soothed her a little. Her body turned to face me.

"Jack?"

I bolted down the hallway and into my room. I didn't want anyone to see me without my hoodie or mask. I looked like a complete freak with my gray skin and black holes for eyes. I heard a soft knock at my door. I shoved on my hoodie and slapped on my mask. I answered the door casually.

"What?"

Haven was hugging her pillow, clearly freaked out about something.

"I thought I saw someone run this way.." She whispered. "Can I stay in here for a while?" 

I nodded. I guess I must've spooked her when I ran away. Haven sat on the floor, her knees to her chest. 

"Hey, E.J.?"

"Hm?" I answered.

 Haven looked up at me.

"It's Christmas Eve in ten days..." I nodded my head at her statement.

"Yeah, which means that we'll be stuck in here together since we're supposed to have a blizzard that night." I said.

Haven looked away towards the window. Little snowflakes were flowing down. It hadn't snowed until later on today. The weather people said we were supposed to have a blizzard though. I need to stock up on food then.

"Christmas...It's almost here..." Haven whispered.

"Yeah..It is..." I whispered back....

Author's note: 

Ooooooo!!!! I wonder what will happen on Christmas and the days to come before that?! Will E.J. get Haven a gift? Will they grow closer and maybe form a friendship? Will they survive being locked up in a blizzard together? We'll just have to see!!!!