Chapter 7: Ugh

(Haven's POV)
I woke up to blinking lights and a soft bed. Where am I? Everything from the previous night before flooded my mind.

"OH SHIT!" I yelled.

I sat up to see my normal room though.

"Huh," I asked myself.

That couldn't have been a dream though! I looked at my hands to see a huge bite mark and a deep cut. Yeah, the events actually happened. But, where was that eyeless murderer?
I planted one foot on the floor, the cold tile touching the bottom of my foot. Ugh, my head hurt, and I felt weak. I poked my head out into the hallway. Mom and Dad weren't home. Weird. How did I survive last night?  

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. I'm not going to school today. I looked in the mirror and gasped at my reflection. I was so pale! Did I really lose that much blood?! I stepped back from the mirror and closed the door to the bathroom. Time to eat breakfast.

I stumbled down the hallway with one hand on the wall. I was so weak, to where I couldn't even walk straight. I just collapsed on the couch. Forget breakfast, I'll just watch T.V. I flipped the channels to a cartoon station. Eh, why not? I was giggling at something one of the characters did when I heard a muffled sound from upstairs.

"What was that?" I strained my ears to listen closely. 

" MMEELLPPPfff!!" 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Was someone in the attic? I rose from the couch and placed my hand on the wall. I shuffled up the steps to the attic, the muffling getting louder. My head was pounding. Was it that killer? I couldn't remember his voice. I stopped in front of the door and took a breath. I might as well find out. I cracked open the door to see a figure tied against a wall. 

"You okay?" I asked, shocked. The figure turned his face away from me. The light was dim in the attic. I stepped in, but I heard chuckling from behind me. Mom and Dad were standing there, with a twisted face.

"Oh...She found him Honey.."