Chapter 14: A Week has Gone By...

(Eyeless Jack's POV)
A week has gone by since I've kept Haven. The first few days of "boot camp" were harsh, considering how I had to break her in. There was lots of fighting and fits, but it really paid off. Haven is still stubborn, but not as bad as she used to be. It looks like she has more use than what she was letting on. I sat at the table, setting breakfast for her. I would be eating with her. I laid the food down on the table and went into the living room.

"Haven, breakfast is ready!" I called out to my slave. 

She walked in, her hand over her face.

"Why is your hand covering your face?" I asked. 

Haven just shrugged and sat down with a spoon and straw.

"I, uh, hit my face against the corner." She said.

I took her hand in mine and laid it down. On the tip of her temple was a cut, obviously from having a head on collision with a corner. I sighed and shook my head. She was always clumsy, which isn't a good side to being my slave. I took a band aid and slapped it on her temple.

"There, done. Now eat your breakfast. I made a granola parfait with strawberry yogurt, bits of strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and oranges. After you're done doing your morning chores, we will be out doing a few errands.." I explained to her loudly.

Haven wasn't listening though. She was too busy stuffing her face with the food I made. I face palmed and sat down next to her. A jar was sitting in front of me. I reached in and plopped the kidney on my plate. I took a knife and fork and started cutting it up. I heard something clink on the table. I looked up to see Haven with ...an interested face? That's weird, usually when I try to eat, she runs out of the room. I just shrugged and bent my head down, so she wouldn't see part of my face. Well, my teeth anyway. I bit into the kidney, chomping on it quickly. I soon finished it though, since I felt Haven staring me down.

"What is it?" I asked sharply.

"Why don't you eat without your mask like a normal person?" She asked flatly.

"Because, I'm not even an actual person, and I don't want to remove my mask."

"Why," She asked. 

I ignored her question and went to dump my plate into the sink.

"Wash the dishes and get dressed. We're going out." I commanded. 

Haven just nodded and started slurping her parfait. She's a curious little creature, isn't she?