Chapter 46: Nina's Trouble

(E.J.'s POV)

"Get out of my room!" I heard Haven bellow at Nina.

I sighed as I flipped the pancakes on the stove. Soon, Nina and Haven scrambled into the small kitchen in a heated flurry. Both girls were arguing, and it was getting on my nerves.

"Both of you, shut up!"

Immediately, the two teenage girls turned to face me. Haven had a complete hateful look on her face. Her nose was crinkled, and her fists were clenched tight. Her blueish-green eyes burned with anger. Meanwhile, Nina was her usual giddy self. Her smile was creepily wide, and her round, dark eyes sparkled with happiness.

"My prince!"

I sidestepped as Nina tried to glomp me. She face planted on the floor, her dark ponytail falling around her. I was tired of the idiot killer trying to hug me all the time! I knew she was obsessed with me, but I was in love with Haven, that crazy, short-tempered red head.

" I hate her! Kick that bitch out! It's only been three days, and she's already pushed me to my limit," Haven yelled, taking a menacing step towards the sprawled out killer.

I quickly blocked her way and pushed her out of the kitchen. Haven whipped around and shot up her middle finger at me. I just lifted my arms in the air. Dear lord, she was mad!

"Why'd you push me all the way into the living room, fuckstick?"

"First of all, don't call me fuckstick. Second, you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!"

"Okay, okay. Listen, I know Nina is a little, er, annoying, but she needs a place to stay," I explained quietly.

Haven stared at me, anger flashing across her features. I was in awe at how beautiful my companion could be when she's absolutely furious. I tried to place my ash colored  hands on her shoulders, but she just shrugged me off. I let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed my hands through my dark brown hair.

"E.J., she needs to leave. Now."

"Why are you fuming up like this? You're acting like a stuck-up bitch!" I snapped at Haven. 

Haven flinched immensely. Uh-oh... Haven looked up at me with tears brimming her eyes. I didn't mean to make her cry! 

"Ha-"

"Shut up!" 

Haven turned on her heels and ran up the stairs. I heard a door slam, and I knew she had locked herself in her own room. I sat down on our leather brown couch with my masked face in my gray hands. Did that one comment really make her upset?  

 Timeskip: 1 Week

Knock. Knock.

"Go away!"

I sighed as I received the usual response from Haven. I turned to walk away from Haven's closed door with an empty and defeated feeling in my stomach. I must've really upset her to where she's locked herself from my in her room for one week, rarely coming out might I add.

The stairs creaked loudly as I bounded down them. Once reaching the bottom of the staircase, I glanced over to the living room to see Thanes curled up on the brown leather couch in a giant golden heap of fur. Tornado, on the other hand, was swatting one slender silvery paw at a loose string hanging from the curtains. I smirked a little under my mask as I watched the peaceful sight, but soon frowned. Haven hasn't come out of her room, and I haven't received any hug attacks from Nina recently. What was going on with everyone?!