Chpt 1

•Revised•

The dust picked up and spread in the air as it rose, the feet kicking up more and more as they ran faster. The sun was setting, giving the sky a blood orange look which complimented the slight blue that was barely visible. The coconut cotton candy clouds were smeared across the sky, hiding the sun that was supposed to give off more light and help the men find their way to safety. But where was there to hide? Nowhere. There was nowhere. The only things that surrounded them were the mountains and dust hills in the far distance.

BANG

The dark brunette gasped and stepped to the side, tripping over his feet but regaining his balance before his eyes looked at the hand that was holding his hand, pulling him along. Eyes traveled up the arm to see V running, his jacket flowing against the wind and his hair waving around, the bandana slightly keeping it from his face. V looked over and met his eyes with Jungkook. His face was stern, confused and desperate.

BANG

V tugged him to the opposite side, causing Jungkook to wince in pain at the jerking motions but he didn't yell or snap at the other. He knew he was just trying to keep him alive. Alive and safe.

"They're gaining up on us!" Yoongi shouted as he was at the same speed as Jungkook, continuously glancing over his shoulder to make sure the men in black stayed far behind. But they were catching up. And fast. "We need to go faster!"

"I don't know if it occurred to you," Namjoon yelled as they ran, "but we can only go so fast on foot-"

"Just shut up and keep running!" V hollered, tugging Jungkook again.

"V- I can't go faster-"

V looked at him and smirked. "Come on, princess. What happened to being able to run faster than me, huh?" he teased, smirk disappearing as he looked past Jungkook. He swung his arm, throwing Jungkook to his right and the side.

BANG

The Ravenette gasped and fell to the floor, rolling once before landing on his hands and knees, dirt filling up his lungs as he inhaled. He coughed roughly, swatting at the air by his face, eyes squinting to see where the male went and why he shoved him so fast.

"Yoongi!" a deep voice yelled and Jungkook's heart sank as he saw Yoongi's eyes widen, a bullet whizzing past (?) his chest. Yoongi seemed to freeze in the air, small dots of blood flying in front of him before time continued, making Yoongi fall to the ground and roll.

V stopped running and went back to Yoongi, and Jungkook shakily stood up, running to the two. "We can't stop, V, we need to go!" Namjoon stated loudly as he stopped, too, running over to the mint-haired male. Jungkook got on his knees and pressed his hand to the blood soaking through a spot on Yoongi's shirt near his chest, eyes wide with fear.

"Shit..shit shit shit!" V cursed, looking to see the men getting closer. "We need to go. Kookie, we need to go."

"W-we can't just leave hyung here-"

"Go, kid," the male on the ground said soft, eyes narrowed. "Get the fuck out of here before they get any closer!" He shakily sat up and took the pistol from his pocket, setting it in the palm of Jungkook's hands. "Go. These people- nhg...We're all in this for you. Get going."

"Yoongi-"

"Go!"

V stood up with a conflicted grunt before he grabbed Jungkook's wrist, tugging him along. Shouts were heard, followed by pained screams and thunder as the once white clouds turned grey, more approaching, the rain visible in the distance, the lights in the sky slowly dimming, the contrasting colors now gone and replaced by a dark grey.