Chpt 2

•Revised•

"I don't think naps are good when you take them in the middle of the day, or at work."

"I'm a grown man, I can take naps as I please," Jungkook retorted, puckering his lips. "Stop dictating m- ow!"

Jin slapped the back of his head before placing one hand on the wheel, his free hand picking up his water bottle and drinking from it. Once he pulled it from his lips he groaned. "Respect me or get hit, brat."

"I'm too cute to be hit- ow!"

"Pft," Jin scoffed. "Cute my ass- I can name three things in this car that are cuter than you."

"You can't say my face, my eyes and lips. That doesn't count," Jungkook quickly stated, making the other look defeated. He sighed and stayed quiet as he pulled into the parking lot, parking the car.

He gripped the steering whee and looked uncertain before turning to Jungkook. "Do I have to go in?"

As Jungkook was getting situated with his jacket he looked over at him and raised a brow. "No. But I'd prefer if you did. You know I hate hospitals." 

Jin nodded and stepped from the car, slamming the door shut behind him as he looked up at the tall building. "I heard that if they didn't find him when they did, he would've been a goner."

"Yeah," Jungkook whispered, hugging his jacket to his body. The thought of his long time friend almost dying sent chills down his spine. He was one of the most lovable men in the world, who could ever wish to hurt him? To cause him any kind of pain or even sorrow?

It made no sense to him, and as the two started walking into the hospital it got him thinking that maybe the idol life wasn't all roses. He knew that it wasn't perfect but he didn't know people tried killing these idols.

Once inside, Jin nudged Jungkook and walked the opposite direction. "I'm heading to the food court."

Jungkook responded with a wave and walked into the elevator, going up 24 floors before stopping at his floor, leaving as the elevator doors slid open. Feet padded against the blinding white tiled floors, eyes stuck to the numbers on the doors as he passed, mumbling the numbers softly as he walked passed each one. "156...157...158....159....160!" Jungkook almost jumped in place and bit his lip, staring at the door, not hearing any noise.

He wasn't sure if the rooms were sound proof or if it was just dead silent inside. He knew the younger was coming, right? He had texted him...but he never got a reply... he did this morning when he had asked about it, though. What if something bad had happened and he wasn't in any state to see anyone-

"Okay okay, Mr. Kim," a male voice said as the door opened, revealing the smiling doctor who made Jungkook jump in surprise, doe eyes wide. The doctor smiled and held the door open for Jungkook. He nodded, slightly bowing his head to the man, walking in slowly only to see a curtain that cut off half of the room. As he heard the door click shut, he walked closer, one hand reaching out and pulling the curtains back to see his tall friend sitting up in bed, notepad on his lap and a pencil in his hand.

He had an IV in his arm and some bandages a few places along with a bruised neck. His brown eyes blinked before squinting at the sight of Jungkook. "Kook-"

"Good hell, it's so good to see you're okay," Jungkook exhaled deeply, walking over to the other. Namjoon already knew what was coming and he opened his arms as Jungkook wrapped his arms around the man, giving him a soft yet reassuring hug.

Right after the small squeeze, he pulled away, pushing his dark hair from his face. Namjoon's pink hair was brushed back, exposing his darkening roots, and he only had one piercing in despite having four that should be.