Chapter 12

|Revised|

"You'll never know when you'll be able to truly trust someone. You know that right? This entire company. Business. Life. This life you're living? It's full of manipulation. You can't trust the people you work with. Because they have the same job as you. Are you sure you want to sign this?"

The boy's eyes went over the paper once more, staying on the new bolded part longer. Any other boy would've slammed the paper down and told the adults to go to hell, but he was anything but ordinary. He wasn't just a boy. He was something way more than some 'boy'.

He was special.

He smiled and tossed the paper down, leaning against the back of his chair as he crossed one leg over the other, hands resting on his knees. "I already told you the first time I read it. I'm in."

"You're not going to terminate it after a few months, are you?"

"Why would I do that? I'm accepting it because I want in. Yes, I'll sign it. Yes, I'm sure I'll stick with it. Do I need to repeat myself."

The three men looked at each other and nodded, the one in the middle not taking his eyes off of the male. He held his hands and leaned forward, dark brows knitting together. "Sounds great. But..there's one more thing."

The boy cocked a brow and his smile faltered as the three men inhaled at the same time.

"But, will he sign it?"

"Didn't I say we agree and we'll stick with it?"

"But we want to be sure. Because this isn't a game. Once you're in, you're in. If he's not in, then it'll be difficult."

The younger boy sighed and placed the palm on the side of his head as he gave the men a lazy look as he patted the side of his head, lips pouting. "He agrees. He wanted this before I came into the picture." He reaches over and grabbed the pen, pressing it against the paper near the bolder part, eyes staring at the men. "So stop asking."

Taehyung shot up with a gasp, sweat covering his forehead, his breathing ragged and uneven as the blanket he was using fell over his lower abdomen. He shakily clutched his chest, eyes squeezing shut as he tried to push the memory from his mind, cursing his subconscious out while throwing his legs over the edge of the bed.

Taehyung let out a choked sob, trying to stand from the bed but only achieving to drop to his knees. "I need those. I need them so bad, I can't do this anymore. The pain of forcing you-"

Then let me come back out.

There was a stinging in his chest and it felt like flames were engulfing his heart. He gripped his head, pressing his forehead to the soft white carpet. Blood trickled from his lip because of how hard he was biting it, trying to keep silent. knowing everyone in the house had to be sleeping.

You have no right to be doing this to me in the first place.

"Fucking hell..." he choked out, rolling over onto his back. His free hand gripped the sheet that was on his nightstand and pulled it roughly, knocking over all the contents to the floor, including his phone. he quickly unlocked it and went to press Bogum's number but his other hand suddenly smacked the phone from his hand, going to his face and covering his mouth. Sh Sh sh..it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. Taehyung's eyes widened and he tried pulling his hand from his mouth, rolling around more.

There's no reason for you to be so hostile towards me. I'll make it stop but you need to calm down. Just let me come out. Taehyung stopped rolling around, staying face first to the ground. His hand slipped from his mouth and went limp. You freak out over the simplest of things. Just because you had a dream doesn't mean anything. If you hurt yourself you hurt me so chill the fuck out. Taehyung gulped and let his eyes flutter shut.