Chpt 28

|Revised|
V's eyes pt 2

At first I thought the idea of going to the planetarium was a waste of time. I didn't see why, or all things, he wanted to do that. But I could also feel my heart pump in excitement at the thought of seeing something so beautiful. After getting into the car with a sleepy Jungkook, my eyes couldn't tear away from him. His drowsiness was adoring, and the way his lips were on a pout had me entranced.

Once he fully fell back asleep I couldn't help but to wrap and arm around him. Just feeling his body warmth was enough to make me feel content, and I enjoyed the feelings of having him breathing against me. After a while of driving I started dozing off too, and when I woke up my body instinctively pulled Jungkook closer, and a small groan escaped his lips.

I blinked my eyes quickly to make it seem like I had been awake the entire time, and his head fell onto my chest. I glanced at him, my free hand tapping my thigh nervously. Why was I so nervous? I didn't know. But when he glanced at my face I just looked at him before looking away.

We pulled up to the planetarium, and Yoongi and Joon went ahead to get us our passes. Jungkook hummed and tried looking at my face before rubbing his eyes and I couldn't help his pout. That damn, beautiful pout. Those lips pulled me in again, and I reached over to make it seem like I was adjusting his hoodie, but I flipped the hood up, covering his face and pressing my lips to his.

It was confirmation to my mind that last night was not a dream and it actually happened. The familiar taste of his lips even though it was quick sent my spine into a burning frenzy and I felt like I was suffocating.

I pulled away and quickly got out of the car. My face was red, and I covered my mouth with my hand, my free hand in my pocket as I walked up to Namjoon and Yoongi, thankful they were both too tired to question my red face.

Inside was a wonderland, and even though we weren't in the showing yet it was still beautiful with all the floating lights as stars. I couldn't look away.

Jungkook seemed to stick to me, going everywhere I did until we were called into the showing room. If I thought just the entrance was beautiful, I was in for a treat because that showing room was absolutely breathtaking and looked like something only a movie and some CGI could pull off. I was hypnotized, thinking about the Times Namjoon use to boast about the stars and tell me about the constellations he knew about.

Seeing how mesmerized Jungkook was made me internally smile. His smile was genuine, like when he was around Jin. His slight dimples showed, and his teeth were slightly visible, eyes wide and glowing with admiration as the fake stars glistened, and the colors of the galaxy flashing.

The sight of Jungkook was more gorgeous than the scene everyone else was gawking at. I couldn't take my eyes off, but I had to. I couldn't dig my grave deeper than it already was with this boy. I couldn't afford it. And neither could he.

Neither of us could.

I caught myself staring up ahead of me at the moon that held memories in my mind, seeing the imprints of what looked like the rabbit in the moon. So many tales and versions of those tales had surfaced throughout the years and different cultures. I found it alluring, beautiful and sweet. Someone sacrificing themselves for someone they didn't know. All he was was an emperor, so I was able to see why the rabbit did it.

But the others didn't.

Do people really sacrifice themselves if they have nothing else to offer to the one they find precious or close to them? Death is permanent...so would it really be worth it? To kill yourself to please or keep the on you love safe? You know damn well it's not worth it, V. You honestly think people are out there killing them selves for people? They aren't, V. You know that. But some people do?