Chpt 41

Can someone really stay sane for much longer?

The stress.

The sleep deprivation.

The mind boggling scenes.

The worry of being killed daily.

Who could stay sane? Who could possibly stay sane. A person with a lot of self control, sure. A person with little to no self control?

It's a laughing stock to see someone actually try in that state.

Taehyung sat there in a cold metal cage in a black abyss with cement flooring. His hand gently gripped the bar and slid down it.

What was it that Hyun said? Our minds are stronger than any drug given to us? Minds are the strongest drug you can have? You believe it, and you'll see it, even if it's not true. You believe it, you'll think it's happening, even if it's not. You force things down, and they'll stay down.

But...what happens if your mind gets tired, and the walls that help it be the strongest all go down?

And the pressure the person feels finally comes in?

The mind can't protect that. Nothing can. And once too much stress and pressure cause it, unconsciousness will take action.

The worst things you tried blocking out will be revealed. And you won't be able to stop it. Because if I can't resurface again...

Then neither can you, V...