Chpt 25

|Revised|

"Where there's good, there's bad. I know it's cliche, but it's true. You can't expect to go around where there's 100% happiness. It's unrealistic. There will always be bad lurking around. But, in my opinion, it's the opposite. You can't go around thinking somewhere is all bad. Good will always be lurking."

"But..what am I then?"

"Bear, What do you mean?"

"Kids call me rude. They say I'm mean at school and that it's hard to tell what I'm feeling."

"Bear, listen. You aren't bad. So don't think that, okay? You're anything but bad. Some people just have a hard time expressing things. That doesn't make them bad. But, in today's society, you need to be happy to be normal."

"But, I can't smile all the time, nana. I can't....It's not me."

"You need to learn how. Because there will be a day when you'll be judged heavily for being the way you are. No one wants someone like you. A woman won't want someone who looks unimpressed all the time. Kids won't be proud of their dad for seeming emotionless. You need to put a smile on. You shouldn't have to, but you need to. We shouldn't have to punish someone for being who they are and for doing what they have to do. I can't hate you for being stoic, but I also can't hate you for doing what you have to in order get by."

"What if I don't care about what society thinks about me?"

"...I won't let my grandson make me look shameful. You need to care about what they say. And I'll force you if I have to. If you grow up being twisted because of me, I'll take the blame. If you have to steal or kill to get by, I won't hate you. You don't punish the tiger for catching its prey. That Tiger is trying to live, so why interfere with his life? Live your own life and if you decide to make a drastic or idiotic decision, it's on you. Sadly, some people are the prey and some are the tiger. If you can't fit in with society, you'll be the prey."

"Nana....?"

"Hm?"

".....I don't want to be the prey."

"Then do what you have to do to be the tiger."

"V Kim Taehyung!"

Jungkook's eyes grew wide as he watched as the male sitting next to Jimin stood up and walked to the center of the stage. His brown hair flowing with each stride, his posture excellent and giving off a dominant aura. Once he stood in the middle with a microphone in his hand, the crowd of people erupted into chants and catcalls. V's face was stern, one brow raised, lips forming a straight line as he held no particular expression.

Jungkook felt his heart stop. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't move. He couldn't believe what he was fucking seeing. V, standing up there, was the special guest. The guest they were supposed to learn information from. The guest that was the most critical guest and most influential that night. The man that he bonded with that morning. The man that kissed him.

Twice.

The man that slept against him in the car.

Twice.

That man, that same man, was this man.

Standing on stage.

"Dammit, Namjoon, I said to get him out of here!" Yoongi hissed into his phone, standing straight, brows lowered in pure rage. Hoseok stood next to him and rubbed his shoulders.

Namjoon hissed and grabbed Jungkook by the arm but Jungkook wouldn't budge. He was stiff, and if it wasn't for the promise he made he'd be broke on the floor crying and having people give him the oddest of looks. He heard arguing on the other side of Joon's phone, his ear twitching.