Chpt 27

|Revised|
V's Eyes Pt 1

It was never my intention to do what I did. Things were going smoothly on my half, and some things seemed to be going well on his, too. Despite the name-calling, he'd end the day with a small grin and a fantastic comeback.

After the night I came home battered up from my trip to Bighit, I felt a slight change in me. Whenever I looked at Jungkook, I didn't feel as tempted to hurt him. To strangle him. I felt mad staring at him but the times I caught him staring back, that subsided and part of me felt grateful for being noticed, even if it was for a stupid thing.

Helping Jungkook make pancakes was my first step in trying to change my hatred toward Jungkook into something less. After dealing with Bighit and knowing they wouldn't take me back, I confirmed that the only choice I had was to get along and play nice. It was clear that even if I killed him now they wouldn't take me back. They were finished with me all thanks to Taehyung.

We finally found someone who accepted us for who we were and he fucking blew it. Blew it all away and leaving us alone. All alone. With no one who would accept both. Come to think of it, we were never both accepted. They loved me because I followed their rules and restrictions and because I was good at my job. They only liked Taehyung because he was the ideal idol. Sweet to fans and everyone around him, even people he didn't know.

It was sickening.

But I was always skeptical that they only liked the idiot. I caught him on multiple occasions speaking with them without me knowing, and if I didn't take control who knew what the conversations would've escalated to. Maybe I was afraid of what would happen, so I never allowed it to go further.

Helping Jungkook with pancakes seemed to backfire, though. He wasn't fond of being around me and I couldn't blame him. He ended up getting us both hurt, and even though I still acted pissed off, I was worried about how bad the burn was on him and, honestly, I was mad at myself for letting him get hurt.

So I tried helping by putting the rag on the burn, and he didn't seem to mind too much about it. He stared at me softly. Even though his words were harsh.

I ended up I blowing up on him, told him not to touch me because I didn't fucking like him, that it was all his fault, all because I was mad at myself. Not at anyone else but me. And because of my anger, it was clear no one was going to let me go anywhere near Jungkook until I calmed down.

When he called me a brute I took the opportunity to get close to him, stomping right up to him and grabbing his shoulders. His big eyes stared at me like they were scared but his expression was the complete opposite like he was trying to prove something to me.

To prove that he wasn't afraid of me even though his eyes said otherwise. It hurt. When he started shaking I loosened my grip on him, hoping he'd calm down. I didn't want to hurt him.

If you continue to try and get close to him you'll ruin both of our lives, V.

Taehyung's voice was one that had been nipping at my mind for a while. No matter what, he was always there. Talking. Nagging me. Trying to parent me. I didn't care what the fuck he wanted with me. I didn't care about him or what he wanted because it was his fault I tried killing someone I loved dearly.

His fucking fault.

Tell him to leave us alone. I don't want you hurting him. And I don't want us to get hurt. Just leave him alone because you can't afford to love him back, befriend him or even care about him. Cut it off, V. As much as I hated Taehyung and wanted him to shut the fuck up, I did know he was right about that. So I told Jungkook to back off. To leave me alone. To leave us alone.