Chpt 42

|Revised|

This chapter went under heavy revision in certain parts. I'd recommend re-reading it if you haven't read it since the revision.

"Nana-"

"Shut it, kid- Oh! Hello, Doctor, Hyun."

"Nemia. Vante." Hyun smiled and bowed his head as the two walked into the room. V hopped on the small bed and swung his feet as his grandmother sat in a chair with her purse on her lap. Hyun adjusted his glasses and looked at his clipboard before smiling. "Wow, Vante, Your test results are amazing. You've got quite a unique brain there, kid."

V stared at him with a vacant expression and nodded. "Thank you."

"Will it kill you to smile, V?" Nemia laughed, fidgeting with her fingers as she rested her hands on her purse. Hyun looked at her before looking back at the 9-year-old.

"So-" he started, drawing up a chair so he could sit beside V "-tell me something. How have you been? School stressing you out lately?" V shook his head and stared at his lap. "Hm...Something's stressing you out, Vante. Your brain seems to be under a lot of stress. Is something going on in your life?"

"No. Nothing."

"V, don't be scared to talk to Dr. Hyun. You've known each other for a long time now, don't be shy," Nemia smiled. V looked at her then back at the doctor before sighing, balling his small hands into fists before bringing one up to his head and tapping it with a knuckle.

"Kids are rude."

"At your school? Why?"

"They only want to play with it."

"Your thoughts? Or Him?"

"Him."

"How does that make you feel?"

"It doesn't make me feel sad but Taehyung says it makes him sad and he won't play with them unless they want to play with me, too. But then they tell me I'm lying and they make fun of me..." V dropped his hand to his lap, his other hand still in a tight fist. "Tae says they're envious but I know he's trying to cheer me up.."

"Why are you stressing over it though?"

"Sometimes the kids push me and I'm always scared they'll hurt my head...." V held his own hands, bottom lip tucked between his teeth. "I-I don't want them to hurt Taehyung."

"Taehyung means a lot to you, hm? Well....I can clearly tell you're stressed but you need to try and not stress so much. It'll affect you badly in the future when you're past all of this."

"Why will it affect him negatively?" Nemia asked, tilting her head tot mm the side, letting her grey curls lightly bounce. Hyun looked at her and grabbed his clipboard again, studying its contents.

"Stress is a leading factor in Taehyung's appearance. Vante already knows how to willfully summon and push away Taehyung and I'm surprised since he's young, but when he's older, and even now actually, the stress will act as a gateway and even the times Vante won't want him to appear, he will. Stress is like a key for Taehyung who's locked in a 2D game dimension. Once the key appears, all he has to do is touch it. They're all still young so Taehyung can't really possess such ability now, but as you all grow and learn more about their condition, Taehyung will discover he can appear without V thinking about him. Since stress is what created Taehyung, it's something that will summon him, too."

"So, Taehyung will also have control over when he appears and disappears?" Nemia said with a broad and...spine chilling grin.

Hyun frowned at the look and his tone turned serious. "Exactly. But the stress thing can also work in Vante's favor. If Taehyung is too stressed he'll almost be disabled for a short amount of time. Since stress and pressure are what created Taehyung, it can also be his downfall. He's here for Vante to take away the stress and pressure, so when he, himself, feels it, he breaks down. The scary thing is that if Taehyung is in control, Vante can't willfully push him back. It'll be Tae's choice on whether or not he wants to be pushed back since he's created entirely from Vante's mind and...well...your mind is known to be more powerful than a drug at times. You think of something and your body will react.