Chpt 30

|Revised|

Yoongi sat there on the cement stairs that lead into the building underground. His eyes almost squinted as he tried to turn on his phone, the blank black screen mocking him softly.

Nothing.

It was dead.

He sighed and shoved it into his pockets, staring at the nothingness in the distance as he heard laughter from within the building, adults laughing as music played. He wasn't in the mood to celebrate, nor was he in the right state of mind to drink carelessly.

He rubbed his temples and held his head in his hands, massaging his fingers into his aching scalp. The thumping music was so unfamiliar to him because he never paid attention to it. Now it was the only think he had to focus on, and the nasty beats and odd rhythms pounded to be let into his skull.

Where is he?? Why are we celebrating??

Footsteps approached him before warmth was radiating at his side and he looked up to see the man with pitch black hair and a suit that matched. His eyes were worried but his expression was disappointed.

He hadn't seen him for 3 weeks. Hadn't seen or heard from him. He was just left there with Namjoon and this group.

The sight sickened him, and he felt appalled.

"Why are you here?"

"I live here."

"I mean inside," the taller said, hands in his pockets. "Why aren't you with everyone else?"

Yoongi sighed. "No reason to celebrate."

"Of course there is. We're winning."

"It's not a big deal, Hoseok. We aren't winning. People all around us are dying, Hoseok. They're killing everyone at this point. They'll manage to find someone weak enough with information, and they'll have the upper hand.."

"If you weren't so pessimistic about it, they probably won't," Hoseok replied, running fingers through his hair. "Think of it as a new beginning rather than the end."

"Why a new beginning?"

"Because it's a new chapter, Yoongi." Hoseok turned to face the open like Yoongi. "No one knows where Jungkook went. No one has heard of V. No one knows if Bighit is hunting down anyone. Everything has quieted down...this is our time to rise up and plan before they can get ahead of us. Again. It's the new beginning, not the end."

"It doesn't feel right."

"Think of it this way then. It's the end of something bad, and the beginning of something good."

"It doesn't change how I feel about it all."

"Because you're thinking too much." Hoseok turned around and walked to the door. "Cheer up for once."

The male left the smaller on the steps, head still in his hands. He gripped his hair tighter and wished he could look up at the sky and ask if it really was a new, fresh beginning for them.

But he couldn't. They were underground. There was no sun, no moon, no stars. Just the lights provided, and there was none outside. It was a blanket of darkness and that was it. All there was was that....pure darkness.

If it was the end of something bad....then why did it feel like it was the end of a grace period, and the slow beginning of the evil. Beginning of something bad.

The beginning of the end.

•••

The apartment was something cold and old, a place that only held bad memories now. There was no life. Just death...an attempted death. It wasn't ideal, but since everyone was going to their places to stay, he went back to his.