Chpt 40

|Revised|

"Hyung- why are you dragging me?"

"Because you walk too slow, Namjoon-ah," Jin said as he tightened his grip around Namjoon's small wrist. Namjoon didn't complain and allowed himself to be dragged behind the older.

Jin glanced over his shoulder to see Namjoon with an uninterested look in his eyes, one arm holding his books, the other outstretched and his eyes looking off to the side. This brat...

Jin came to an erupt stop, making Namjoon bumped into his back. "Ah- sorry hyung-"

"Do you have to apologize for everything?"

"You get mad at me when I don't."

"Well...well...stop it," Jin groaned, looking to his right and seeing the cafe he was looking for. He quickly pulled Namjoon across the street, earning a surprised yelp from the younger. He let go when they stood in front of it and Jin clapped. "I'm starving..."

"Hyung, we could've gone somewhere better to eat," Namjoon sighed as he pushed past him, walking in to hear the small ding of the bell above the door. Jin rushed in behind him and slapped the back of his head with a frown.

"Don't be such a brat, I'm your hyung."

"Are you really?"

Jin's lips formed a straight line as Namjoon grinned in victory, taking a seat near the big window. Jin sat across from him and placed his head in his arms, muttering some things about how disrespectful Namjoon was to him. Namjoon leaned against the table and stared at the top of Jin's head before scoffing.

"Seokjin-hyung. Stop whining, today's suppose to be fun." Namjoon poked Jin's hair, slowly starting to play with his dark brown strands. Jin lifted his head and stared at Namjoon, slapping his hand away.

"Fun? No Tuesday is fun."

"It is when you're with the people you care about, hyung."

Jin stared into Namjoon's eyes before looking away, puckering his lips. "You're a brat..."

"Awe. C'mon, hyung. I hardly get to see you anymore," Namjoon whined. "Let's enjoy this."

"Enjoy what? Being able to drink and eat with you for 15 minutes before you're called back to the dorms?"

Namjoon frowned and reached over, gently cupping Jin's face and making him look in his direction. "You can't blame this all on me, Hyung. You're too occupied watching over that kid.."

".....Fuck you," Jin hissed, pulling away. "Kookie needs me more than anything and I have a promise I need to keep to his dad. If you can't stand me trying to be a parent to him then go-"

"Don't tell me to find someone else to be my friend, please."

"Oh, right. You can't find someone else. It's me that needs to, huh?" Jin asked and Namjoon just looked away. Jin scoffed at the silence as a waiter came by. Jin ordered his drink and a sandwich and Namjoon just ordered a frappe. Jin stared at the table as Namjoon strummed his fingers against the books that were now on the table.

"......I'm turning 17, soon," Joon hummed. "When I'm 17 they'll let me live alone rather than in the dorms. I could....help take care of Jungkook..."

"Sorry, I asked for help when he first moved in, the offer's no longer on the table."

"Hyung, please...." Namjoon grabbed Jin's hands but Jin almost immediately pulled them away with puckered lips. "You need to cut me some slack. I didn't want to have to take care of a 12 or 13-year-old while I was starting my training. I'll help you out, okay?"