Chpt 44

|Revised|

Jungkook was on the ground bent on his knees, hands tied behind his back with Namjoon next to him in the same position, guns pointed at them. V's unconscious body was behind the men who had their focus on Jungkook and Namjoon. Jungkook had dried tears on his cheeks, eyes red and lips in a tight straight line, brow set hard.

He wouldn't show these men the weak side of him, he'd tough through it like V would want him to. Namjoon had a similar expression on his face, only he looked like he didn't care about what happened at this point. He was drained and his ankle and foot hurt, his eyes were drooping and he wanted to sleep and never wake up unless it was to see Jin smiling brightly in front of him.

"Ah....I didn't think we'd be able to catch up with you!"

Jungkook's eyes rolled to look at the blonde standing in the center of the men, pulling down his black mask, and Jungkook's stomach twisted in ways he didn't think were possible.

"Surprised to see me, Jungkook-ah?" Jaebum muttered, running his fingers through that flawless hair of his. "You know...I was in real deep shit when people found out I tried vouching for V. So I thought I'd repay them with doing this little favor since...when it comes to hunting-" he slapped the magazine into his gun, narrowing eyes at Jungkook "-I am the best under JYP when it comes to finishing other people's messes."

"If you're so good why didn't they just give me to you" Jungkook muttered. "Or did they tell you that just to be nice?"

"Oh shut your mouth, Jungkook. Like you know anything about people saying anything good about you," Jaebum snickered as he walked closer. He knelt down, grabbing Jungkook's face. "Since none of your hyungies have ever said anything good about you and meant it. Be lucky I'm not here to kill you, though. I just need to catch you."

"You aren't gonna do it?" Namjoon piped in, staring at the man. Jaebum shook his head and stood back up.

"Why would they waste my time with scum like you two? I've been assigned things that I can't push off and waste my time on weak people like you." Jaebum strolled behind the men with a bright grin, pushing V's body roughly to roll him over to his stomach just as he held up his gun to inspect it. "But him?.....Think it would hurt less or more if I shot him in the chest?"

Jungkook's eyes widened and he went to try to move but a gun pressed to his head, and all he could do was let out a weak growl, hating the sight of Jaebum practically standing on V. "Don't you dare touch him, Jaebum-."

"Oh? Someone's worked up some courage," Jaebum snickered. "But why shouldn't I? If I can't kill him, they'll kill me and I still have such a prosperous career. V fucked up his life, it's not my fault."

"I'll cut your dick off if you hurt him."

Jaebum gasped and waved his gun in the air. "How are you gonna do that when you're tied up, Jungkookie? I don't think threatening me would work the best in your case. Don't wanna make me angry." He sneered. "Trust me."

"It's not that you can't do it now, Kook," Namjoon stated, staring into Jaebum's eyes. "V already did the job of taking off his dick," he snickered.

Jaebum's face went red and he gripped the gun tighter, not knowing that V would've told Namjoon about anything that had gone down in that office that night.

Jungkook bit the insides of his cheeks, hands balling into fists. He wasn't one to listen to people he was mad at but thinking that Jaebum would seriously hurt V if he angered him scared Jungkook and he didn't want to risk watching another loved one suffer.