Nothing really ends, Chpt 46

Final chapter of Two-Sided 🥶
Fully Revised

THIS CHAPTER WAS HEAVILY REVISED.

PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ REVISED VERSION ON 09/01/20

V landed on the table with a whimper, squeezing his eyes shut as a hand gripped his wrist and yanked him off, forcing him to his feet. As he regained his footing he felt something wet wack against his side and he let out a silent yelp, hands immediately going to his bare side, the shirt that was lifted immediately falling back into place as his hand was yanked from his side. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Maybe if you learned how to associate normally you wouldn't have to have it beat into you," Nemia hissed. "Don't cover yourself or you'll just make things worse- move your hands."

V's hands were covering his face as he bit down on his lip harshly. 'Why does she hate me?' He felt hands on his shoulders and he moved his hands away, staring into the older eyes that held no sympathy or emotion for the boy covered in bruises and scratches. 

"V...you know I love you, right? You look just like your mom and remind me so much of her. Her and your father. I don't hate you. Everything I do is for your own good. To make sure you're stronger than she was...you don't want to disappoint me, do you?"

"No, Nana..."

"Good. Now deal with it like a big boy, got it?" V didn't reply and the woman grinned, picking up the wooden spoon and tapping V's head. "Oh..I can't hit you there, Taehyung will get hurt....I can't hurt my grandson..."

V felt a pang to his heart but he stayed quiet. Nemia saw the way he flinched and she rolled her eyes, dropping the spoon and grabbing him, dragging the boy to his room, throwing him against his bed. "You better stay there until I get back from the grocery store, V. If I find out you left this room again, you'll regret it. Do you understand?"

V stared at the ceiling above his bed and didn't reply, earning a scoff from the older woman as the door slammed closed. Are you in any pain, hyung? "No...I'm fine, Tae." I'm sorry, I didn't think she would hurt you...I-I tried coming back out- "It's fine. Nothing I'm not used to." V...you have a headache. "No, I don't. Go to bed and leave me alone for a minute..."

It went silent and V exhaled deeply, sitting up and reaching for his phone, staring at the contacts that pulled up before he gulped. He was waiting to hear Taehyung's voice try and hold him back from pressing on the name, but nothing came. He was really pushed far back.

Good thing he knew how to make himself not feel so stressed.

'Just stay calm.'

With a deep breath, he pressed on the name and held the phone to his ear, waiting for the ringing to stop, hoping it sent him to voicemail. He's always busy. He won't answer-

"Hello? Are you okay?"

V froze and licked his lips, muscles tightening at hearing the voice. His heart was racing and his head was starting to ache but he Knew Taehyung couldn't hear him. Not now.

"Hello??? Vante?"

V blinked and parted his lips, shakily breathing in. "Can I come over?"

"Um...To the office-"

"To your house....."

The line was quiet and V started to panic, his thumb sliding over and ready to end the call until he heard a deep exhale. "That's. not really professional, Vante."