Chpt 13

|revised|

"....Okay, maybe focus on actually hitting the target this time."

Jungkook stuck his tongue out at Namjoon and aimed again, closing one eye then repeating the same actions. Inhaling. Holding breath. Then shooting. 

The bullet hit the side of the target, making Jungkook hop in joy before giving Joon a thumbs up. "I did it! It's not that hard!"

Namjoon stared at Jungkook blanky, looking for words to respond with but gave up and just returned the thumbs up. "Maybe you can try to shoot somewhere where....it'll hurt?"

Jungkook felt a saddened and defeated emotion overcome him as he frowned, the cheering fading away. ".....Come on, Joon, be proud I at least shot something," he groaned, placing the gun on the table. "I mean, seriously, at least acknowledge that I was able to shoot the damn thing. I got it right in its side!"

"Speaking of shooting it in its side..." Namjoon walked to Jungkook and lifted up his shirt to study the wrapped wound in his side that was right below his major pectoral. Jungkook slapped Namjoon's arm and tugged his shirt down, blushing. Namjoon raised a brow at him. "How is it feeling today?"

"It still stings. It hurts to shower."

"You showered already?"

"Before everyone woke up," Jungkook relied, studying the gun on the table before tracing it with his index finger. "I probably need someone to clean it again. I might've gotten it infected trying to wash it today."

"Did you hurt it?"

Jungkook looked at him with those doe eyes. "Yeah. The water hurt and so did the soap that fell near it..."

Namjoon leaned his hip against the table and folded his arms, staring at his side. "Why don't you ask Jin to clean up."

Jungkook looked away shamefully, picking up the gun again and turning to the target. "He probably doesn't want me talking to him yet," Jungkook mumbled. "Don't act dumb with that look, I know you all see how awkward it is between us."

"What Exactly even happened?" Namjoon asked, deciding to slightly bend over the table to rest his elbows against it, staring up at Jungkook. "You guys were fine that morning. What went on when you guys left?"

Jungkook was quiet before closing his eyes and sighing, setting the gun back to the table, both his palms pressed against the surface. "...I don't want to talk about it."

Namjoon frowned at seeing how uncomfortable and uneasy the other looked at the mention of whatever had happened between him and the eldest. Namjoon licked his lips and leaned over, poking Jungkook's hip. "C'mon. You can tell me." He let a smile creep onto his face as he poked Jungkook's good side. "C'mon, Kookie."

"Joon-"

"I'm waaaaaiting~" Namjoon smiled at seeing the blush creep onto his face and he stood up, wrapping his arms around Jungkook from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder. One hand resting on his hip while the other played with his shirt, digits trying to tickle him. "Any day now."

"Stop that, don't-"

"Did you...gain some fat?" Namjoon suddenly said as he pinched Jungkook's stomach. A smile slowly easing its way onto his face, causing Jungkook's cheeks to heat up more, red covering them.

"N-No! Maybe!- Look, I haven't worked out in a while and I eat so-!!"

Namjoon's hand was under Jungkook's shirt, touching his abdomen as his eyes widened, smiling more. Jungkook was as stiff as a log as he felt fingers pinch at the skin on his stomach before pinching his sides. Jungkook wanted to sock Namjoon in the face for groping his body but the soft spot he had for the older held him back from doing so and he just tried his best to hold in any chuckles that were trying to force their way out as it sent slight tremors of tickles through him.