Chpt 8

|Revised|

"The stars look nice tonight..."

"They do. They're glowing bright. See any constellations?"

"Hmm... not yet. Do you?"

"Only one."

"Which one?"

"Scorpius"

Jungkook nodded as he felt Namjoon's hand rest on his shoulder, making him flinch at the sudden contact. 

Things had been going smoothly other than Jungkook freezing his ass off outside on the bench that they sat on. There was no awkward conversation and Jungkook was surprised he was able to keep up the act of being comfortable even while knowing the information that he did.

Jungkook hugged himself, staring up at the bright stars. He enjoyed this spot, a spot he had been taking Namjoon to for years to talk about personal or essential things. He was expecting to get coffee or hang out at Namjoon's place so he was beyond surprised when Namjoon suggested driving to their spot.

It made his suspicions only more persuasive.

"It's weird..I expected it to be raining...." Jungkook said softly, leaning his head so it could rest on Namjoon's shoulder. Jungkook felt content and tired. It was nice to get away from reality for a moment, especially with all the information given to him just hours prior, but he also had to make sure he didn't get too comfortable. He had a job as hand to do, something as simple as asking his hyung what happened the night he went missing. But if Namjoon remembered why was he writing in that notebook? Was he just lying and putting on an act in front of everyone?

Lying to him?

Namjoon never lied to him...so thinking about it made him uneasy. How was he suppose to feel about being lied to from someone he eminently looked up to? Broken? Like he couldn't trust a word that came from his mouth? Then again, Yoongi didn't have solid proof for Jungkook's ever growing suspicions, so he couldn't go assuming things quite yet.

He wanted to trust Yoongi but from how things were going, he was starting to have doubts about his strong suspicions. Namjoon would never hurt him. And he's never hurt him before so why would he now? He wouldn't gain anything from it. Then again, Joon did seem a bit standoffish. He was stiff, quiet- and not to say he wasn't a quiet person because he definitely was. He was just never...silent.

Clearing his throat he began to play with his fingers, fidgeting as eyes never left the sky. Brown orbs piercing the black speckled abyss above him, and breath hitching as he felt Namjoon shift closer to him, causing his eyes to snap at the other to make sure all he was doing was readjusting.

"...." Jungkook mentally sighed, knowing he couldn't keep the inevitable postponed forever. "Why are you out of the hospital so early?" He questioned, watching Namjoon's jaw clench.

"I was actually able to go home a week or so ago. So I did," he replied without hesitation.

"Then you should be home resting, not here with me," Jungkook responded, adjusting where he was. "I could've easily gone to your place, Joon."

"I know Jin doesn't like you coming to my place because he doesn't think it's safe," the older sighed. "You and I both know that if he found out you went to my place that he'd blow a circuit."

Jungkook cracked a sideways grin and nodded his head in agreement before noticing Namjoon's demeanor changed at the mention of his hyung. Jungkook lifted his head and looked at the taller male who was staring down at the ground between his feet, a frown on his face and a furrowed brow.