Chpt 31

|Revised|

It had been 2 months, 2 full months, since Jungkook had last seen Yoongi and Namjoon. He'd gone back to living his own little life, now being the manager of the cafe that he and Jin owned. Since more people worked there he wasn't restricted to working night shifts and mainly worked in the afternoon or morning to avoid contact with anyone unwanted. He even told the employees to act clueless if people asked for him.

After he was the primary one brewing and making the coffee, the store gained more customers, which excited Jungkook.

Jin would be proud.

The months before Jungkook went back home seemed to be a big dream, like nothing happened. The day after his talk with Hoseok he got a ticket back to Seoul and left them all. Hoseok told them Jungkook left a note saying he was going back to his parents so none of them knew he reverted to his home life. He stopped talking to Yoongi and Namjoon and anyone else associated with the idol life.

But he still spoke to Hoseok every Monday just to check up and for the older to make sure he was okay.

For the first month living by himself, he would call Hoseok every night to check in and let him know that he was safe and some nights he would break down on the phone with him while hugging a body pillow that smelled like Jin. It was hard for him to live in the nice town house by himself since he had never lived alone.

It was scary in a sort.

Hoseok promised him that the others wouldn't find out where he lived, so he lived his life in peace. The only time he heard anything from any of the idols was when he would skip through channels on TV and see a show Taehyung was on or when he was scrolling through Instagram. He and Jimin had continued their tour, currently being in Japan until their break after the 18th in a couple of days.

As much as Jungkook wanted to continue being a fan of one of them he couldn't bring himself to watch fan cams or live shows because while he watched Taehyung smile and laugh on stage along with Jimin all he could think about was what they did on their free time there. Or if it was V or Taehyung up there performing. Would there be any bodies found in hotels or alleyways in Japan? Were they still doing tasks?

It sickened him and he wished he could leave all the memories in the past along with the people. But, sadly, that wasn't how life worked. It never worked out that way.

"Thank you, have a nice day," the person in front of Jungkook said before walking away from the register. Jungkook placed a couple of coffee creamers on the counter, not sparing the cashier a glance as he dug around for his wallet.

The girl smiled sweetly at him, her eyes seeming to glue to his face. He looked off to the side awkwardly, clearing his throat at the discomfort the girl was causing him. Her eyes squinted and she gasped putting away the last creamer in a paper bag. "Jeon Jungkook?"

Jungkook just looked around and pointed at him, feeling uneasy. Why did this random person remember him???? "That's-uh...that's me?"

"Oh my god, I haven't seen you in a while!" the girl exclaimed, her smile brightening. At seeing the confusion across Jungkook's face she giggled, waving her hand. "I don't expect you to remember well. We didn't really talk, haha....... I'm Lisa?"

Jungkook stood frozen for a few moments before letting his jaw go slack and his eyes wide. "O-oh! Lisa and Bogum, right?"

"Oh my- you remember!" she laughed, handing Jungkook the bag. "You didn't really get to know either of us much. I'm surprised you remember Bogumie."

"He was, uh...he made me snacks a lot."

"Sounds like him. He's too caring. Always smiling." As she read the price he handed over the necessary payment by using his card. She hummed and typed in some things. Jungkook glanced at her as he gripped the bag tightly, licking his lips.