chpt 43

|Revised|

V stumbled back as he was flung to the floor for the fifth time, gasping for air as he squeezed his eyes in pain, letting out a deep whimper that resembled a growl. He shakily held himself up with his knees and elbows, staring at the ground as if it was the most fantastic thing he's ever seen.

"You're so much weaker in person..I'm surprised, V," the voice spoke out and V jumped to his feet, stumbling a little before regaining balance.

Taehyung was five feet in front of him, both hands hidden behind his back. V clenched his fists and Taehyung's dark eyes attached to his hands, his grin spreading. "You aren't planning on getting physical with me, are you, V? I haven't even touched you."

V growled and took one step before feeling something solid collide with his cheek, making him spin and fall back to the ground. How the hell is he doing that! "You see....you can try to hit me...but, on technical terms, you can't touch me..."

V felt a force lift him before pounding into his gut, making his eyes widen. He doubled over and coughed up some blood, eyes crazed at what was happening. "..because I'm not a physical form. You'd think that you'd know that by now with that big brain of yours, V-ssi."

"Shut the fuck up," V growled, straightening back up. Taehyung chuckled and flicked a blonde piece of hair from his face.

"Your attitude always fascinated me. I thought it was just some anti-social phase you were growing through as a kid, but I guess you really were the quiet and rude type, hm?"

"What the fuck are you doing to me?" V asked, disregarding what the other said. "Where the fuck am I? And why can you hurt me? How am I seeing you, you aren't a person!"

Taehyung's eyes twitched and he inhaled deeply, taking one step closer. "Don't offend me like that in my own home, psycho boy," Taehyung said calmly but V knew he was meaning to snap at him. "It's not nice to overlook someone's presence like it doesn't exist-"

"You don't exist. You're part of me, a personality That-that somehow split from me," V correct the other. "Not a person. You aren't physically real so stop acting like you are because you never were-"

"Nana would've been really disappointed in you." V's scowl left and his face softened at the mention of his grandma. "She'd be mad you decided on being the prey. You were such a strong predator with me, V...I'm...sad things ended." He gave off a goofy, boxy smile. "It's weird seeing you like this. The only times I saw you were in the reflection.."

He clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth. "I always wondered if you knew what it felt like to look in the reflection to see yourself, but all you see is someone who you look similar to. It hurts deep. Real deep, V."

An unknown force shoved V but he regained his balance, glaring at Taehyung. "The only time I ever got to see myself, what I looked like, was when others took pictures of me, and half the time It didn't look like me. Too much makeup or whitewashing or taken at different angles. You might think we don't look different but you couldn't be any more wrong. I take care of myself. I don't get hurt. I have natural blonde hair, my skin is slightly lighter, not by much, my eyes are darker, and my features are softer. But you?"

Taehyung leaned to the side and tapped his chin. "You're very masculine." His eyes seemed to smirk. "More than what I look like. You'd think for a fag that you'd be a little softer, huh-"

"I swear to god, Taehyung, don't call me that-"

"Why? Because Nana called you that when she found out about your little crush in fifth grade?"