Chpt 36

|Revised|
Your Beautiful Hour

The next days didn't seem to go smoothly like they usually would. V started to avoid Jungkook at all costs, not paying attention to him or immediately leaving a room when he entered.

He acted as if Jungkook was the plague. He understood why since their last conversation, and so he tried- keyword TRIED- to stay away from him but everywhere he went it seemed like V was there.

Jungkook thought it was childish that the other was avoiding him at the same time. He was irritated because he still had so many question...but he'd get a chance to answer them all if they survived after everything- when he survived everything. V had promised to be in this through the end, so Jungkook's job was to make sure he got out alive, too. Him and everyone else that was in this fight for freedom.

On the fifth day, Jungkook walked in on V working out in the gym near the shooting range. He wore grey sweats and a black shirt with sleeves that were ripped off, earbuds plugged into his ears as music blared loud enough for even Jungkook to hear.

He did his best not to pay attention to the man running on the treadmill or benching by himself, and he was doing a great job going unnoticed until Jungkook looked over at hearing a grunt, seeing V doing pull-ups. The vein in certain parts of his arms stood out with each pull, cheeks puffing up full of air to control his breathing, legs scrunching up to help with the lifts.

What Jungkook couldn't really avert his eyes from were his hands and neck. God, how could that mean have nothing physically wrong with him? (lowkey have a kink for Taehyung's hands and neck, not gonna lie).

And the sweat that covered his still somewhat pale skin? Hell, he felt bad V looked so exhausted still but the slight paleness and bags under his eyes reminded him of punk and goth guys that he use to crush on in high school and middle school.

Least to say Jungkook hurt himself in the process of just walking out from staring at V and not being able to look away. And, even though V did catch him, Jungkook liked to tell himself that he went unnoticed.

The next day wasn't any better, but they at least talked.....to some extent. Jungkook had gone outside to make a snowman but saw V throwing snowballs at Namjoon as he wrote in his notepad. Jungkook decided to start a conversation with the two and Namjoon was more than happy to talk to him but V seemed standoff-ish and when Jungkook smiled at him his response was, "Shouldn't annoying bunnies be hibernating in the winter?"

Jungkook decided it was enough and he sighed, walking back into the house. The day after that V walked in on Jungkook singing, which V forgot that he could. V just watched him until Jungkook turned and noticed him, letting out a scream and falling off of the couch.

They got into an argument about stalking and what it meant to not stare someone from afar like a creep, leading V to say, "I never complained that you were drooling over me in the gym, so don't complain I was watching you sing, you pervert!"

This led to Jungkook locking himself in his room for another day.

But hey, a miracle happened on Christmas eve and somehow they ended up building a small fort on the roof where V hung out. It started with Jungkook wanting to sit and stare at the beautiful view but unable to comfortably because of the snow. He kept going in and out of the room, which was now V's room and Jungkook had Taehyung's room, so he was disturbing V trying to read a book.

So instead of questioning he went up there and saw the pillows and blankets and other objects, and thought he'd take it into his own hands and built the fort. When Jungkook came back up he was hesitant before V looked at him with his hair tied back, tired face beaming with life as he glanced at Jungkook and said, "well, it is your fort, why not help out, Bun?"