Chpt 33

|Revised|

Jungkook was leaning against a wall as V sat on a chair, his hands dropped in between his legs as his head hung low. The two had hurried off to a motel nearby, knowing they didn't have a lot of time to converse because 1) Taehyung could reappear any second and 2) Bighit couldn't know V was helping Jungkook out. Jungkook tapped his foot nervously on the ground, cursing as no one picked up the phone.

"I can't get a hold of Joon-"

"Joon?" V looked up. "How has...Is Namjoon doing good?"

Jungkook looked at the male and nodded. Namjoon was right about V. Anyone could tell that the man cared dearly for the older. Namjoon was doing fine, though. Hell, he was living with his crush for who knew how fucking long.

It still ticked Jungkook off that Jin had been alive all this time but he knew Jin had no control whether he survived or not. V stood up and ran both hands through his messy hair.

The younger male rubbed his temples. "I feel like I'm screwed... I can't- I don't understand, though! Hoseok told me I'd be safe for six months."

"Jackson told me the same thing. You weren't supposed to be a part of our lives anymore. After I joined again, Taehyung signed the contract stating he'd sign another contract at the beginning of January to renew his contract with Bighit but.....it only applied if he got rid of me...so they terminated mine. He finally let go and let me take control again and I refused to sign it so some things happened and I- fuck the things he made me see and hear, I couldn't get the images and sounds out of my head. I was suppressed back and it hurt so much, I had to force my way out yesterday morning and I haven't slept knowing that he could come back before I could warn you. I don't want to sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see him- I can't sleep or else he'll come back-"

V stared at Jungkook with sad, vulnerable eyes. "His contract stated that since you and Namjoon never died we'd have two more tasks so we could reach 95 by the end and he finished his 94th while on tour and when he got the file with you again I just- I'm sorry for involving you in the first place, I should've just fucked off and minded my own business-"

Jungkook walked up to the panicking V and cupped his cheeks, staring into his eyes. "H-hey, calm down. If you start stressing you'll be vulnerable for him...deep breaths for now Remember you never stressed about him at your place? That's how you need to be, V..." V nodded and closed his eyes while relaxing into the warm touch. "Now...I want to ask you something and I need you to answer me honestly...."

Jungkook retracted his hands. "....Something hasn't really been adding up and the thoughts are just...gnawing at me. I know you and Taehyung switched every five kills...but from doing a little more digging, shouldn't Taehyung have been the one to....have Namjoon as a task instead of you? I know you said he suppressed you for a long time but...why were you able to come back and talk to Namjoon in the first place?"

V just blinked and tilted his head to the side. "I'm...not sure I understand what you're asking....."

"Namjoon was your 5th kill. After that, you took a break for some months before getting me as a task. He was supposed to be Taehyung's 5th kill, not yours. I know Taehyung appears when you're stressed or angered but you weren't that stressed over Namjoon. You were mad but you'd never hurt him....."

V froze and blinked multiple times before parting his lips. "He made sure to get me intoxicated that night, Jungkook. I couldn't control my mind when I tried to surface to protect Joon. When he found out I tried calling Namjoon, and that we planned on meeting up that night, he saw it as an opportunity, I'm guessing..."