Chpt 7

|Revised|

Noise.

Noise.

And more noise was all that he could hear. 

Not distinct sound or noise, but just white noise. Annoying noise. Noise that made him want to rip his ears off and sow the gaping hole closed. And that noise wasn't even anything that bad. It was just voices. Voices that sounded like white noise.

Noise that irritated the shit out of him.

His eyes flicked to the dark haired male to his right, watching him stare into his wine glass, avoiding any interaction with him. Jimin, on the other hand, wouldn't stop talking, trying to explain to him how the dancer on stage looked like Jungkook, even though he didn't.

His primary purpose was conflicting with how his mind and conscience were thinking.

They were acting out on pure emotions, resulting in him trying to come out and take over, distancing himself from the bunny boy and signing off on his tracker that he killed him, even though he didn't.

Namjoon would be doing that now. When Namjoon offered to take his hit he thought the male was crazy. Especially since he knew he was a close friend to Jungkook.

If anything, he was surprised that Namjoon had even spoken to him after what had happened.

Everyone knew Joon was heavily against killing anything and tried his hardest to busy his schedule so he didn't have to take hits. He'd rather work himself to death than kill a living thing.

He thought that maybe BigHit reassigned it but they never did that. Not to him, no. They never interfered with Kim Taehyung it his other half when he was in the middle of a task. So maybe Namjoon really just disliked the brat and decided he'd take it? Or maybe he didn't know who the target was.

It didn't matter to him anymore, though. Namjoon would kill him and he would get his 94th, the last one before the last task of the year. And, boy, was he relieved. He had been busy with tasks and touring all year, he just wanted a break more than anything.

And he got one, for a week or two about two damn years ago when he and Jimin decided to read fan mail for the first time.

And it was the first time he read through some rather than acting like he did and throwing them away. That's when a particular letter caught his light brown eyes.

A letter that was apparently from someone who was shy and timid, or at least it was the impression he got while reading the letter. It was from a fan that wasn't crazed over him, that didn't ask him an obscene question or ask where he lived. It was a heartfelt letter that showed their support for the other.

And, for a while after that day he would find himself  glancing at the name on the letter, smiling to himself. It was the only letter he didn't throw out or seem disgusted by. 'Jungkook'. He'd repeat the name in his head a couple of times, wondering what the fan looked like, if it were a male or female, if they really cared as much as they described in the letter. It made him curious.

Then, suddenly, he got a call from work years later. Another task was sent his way and the only information he had was that it was a male who worked at a coffee shop near the library and classiest hotel. He got to work right away and as if fate pulled them together, he met Jungkook.

The cute bunny. 

At first, he thought it would be easy to take out the bratty adult. It didn't seem hard at all, he just needed to get him alone.