Chpt 19

|Revised|

Of course, the wind had to be like sharpened darts hitting against his skin as he slipped through the night, at first running across rooftops before seeing how cliche that seemed, moving his feet to ground level, letting them pound against the gravel as he made his way to his designated location in a hurry. The anger in him wasn't wholly dying out and it ticked him off that something so simple, so minimalistic, could get him so worked up in a matter of seconds.

Fast enough to make him leave the house in a hurry to try and fix his problem.

He knew he wouldn't be able to get through to Jackson, so he would have to speak to someone higher than him. Higher than him and his own manager. His manager's manager.

Trying to get through to Hoseok would be a nightmare because, well, he had to face it. Hoseok liked Taehyung far more than he liked him. He would claim to help and somehow slip those damn pills into his food or beverage and V was not having that. Not until he got his way.

And who even said he'd ever give full consciousness back to the rightful owner after this stunt that he pulled? Who knows, maybe Taehyung would fuck up or seriously fall in love with someone in the future and not let V do his job. Would allow V to live his life.

He wasn't about to let that happen.

Getting to the building, the blonde knew he couldn't just walk in, especially after seeing that everyone from this place was already out to get his head. He needed a plan, maybe a diversion, and he knew exactly what had to be done.

Rather than walking in through the front doors of the building, he entered through the back exit since he knew the passcode key to open the door. As he slowly stepped inside he peeked around the corner to make sure no one was waiting to attack him and ruin his plans almost immediately.

The coast was clear and he ran to the other side of the hall, staying close against the wall, sliding across the surface as he tried his best to go unnoticed. V passed unwanted rooms that were either for janitary purposes or storage, finally coming across the control room.

He peeked through the glass in the door to see Jackson leaning over one of the control panels, one hand on his hip while the other pointed to the screen. "I know I fucking saw it! Get that crude psycho out of this building right now."

"He's not necessarily the bad guy but is. He's selfish. Crude. Psycho. He's not someone you should ever mess around with.." V flinched at the memory of hearing those words earlier, shaking his head to clear his mind.

"But, sir, we can't find him on the footage anymore.."

Jackson slapped the male on the back of the head. "Well, then go fucking find him!If this prick wants to play hide and seek, then that's exactly what we'll do!" The two men stood up quickly and fastened their belts around their waists. V leaned against the wall and smirked.

So they had seen him.

Perfect.

He dipped into one of the storage closets, locking the door so he'd know if someone was trying to get in. He climbed the metal shelving to the air vent, opening the long and wide rectangular lid, moving it to the side and climbing in, pulling the lid back over.

I swear if they had cameras in the vents I'd lose my shit. He used his elbows to pull him ahead and turn the ways he needed to turn. If memory served him right, the location he was set on should've been on his left.

And it was.

He did his best to turn so that he was on his tailbone and his feet were facing the lid. Bending his knees he jerked them forward, kicking the lid and letting it fall to the floor in a loud clatter.