Chpt 20

|Revised|

"See, the thing you need to remember is that no matter what, even if you feel the world is against you, there's someone out there in the world who has your back. Maybe you've met them, maybe you haven't." The darker haired male turned his attention back to the notepad on his lap.

The blonde scoffed and folded his arms, not feeling like he was in the mood for in-depth conversations. He glanced over, seeing the male conversed into whatever it was he was writing.

"Hm...you should really try and meditate sometimes. It helps, you know."

The blonde decided to ignore him, seeing he was too focused on the words written down rather than the words he was speaking. He set the pen down in the center of the notepad, turning his attention to the window he sat by, placing a hand against the cold surface. The blonde male sat there before scoffing, shoving the notepad off of his lap, turning his body to lay on his back while his head rested on the older's lap.

The other didn't flinch, almost used to the gesture, and smiled fondly at the other as he put his hand on his forehead while the blonde spoke. "Stop writing and pay attention to me."

"Someone's needy."

"M'not needy. Just sick of watching you write."

"What would you prefer I do?"

It was quiet between the two and the blonde looked to the side, arms folded across his chest as he stared at nothing. The other stared at him, infatuated by the male laying on him. His fingers moved to brush through the blonde locks, causing light eyes to look at him. They stared into each other's eyes before the blonde poked the tip of his tongue between his lip.

"Keep playing with my hair."

"I can do that while writing."

"Stop writing."

"What can I do?"

"Anything but write."

"Then you wouldn't mind me doing something other than writing?" he asked with a chuckle, pushing the blonde's head to get him off his lap. The male grunted and put more weight on his thighs, indicating he didn't want to move.

"Stop.."

The one with dark hair sighed and leaned back, staring back out the glass that was fogging up. "You haven't been to work for a while."

"Winter break," the blonde spoke, eyes closed and brows furrowed despite looking comfortable. "I don't need to go back until after the new year."

"Shouldn't you be busy with other things?"

"Joon, you ask too many questions."

"It's good to be curious about things-"

"It'll get you killed if you ask too many questions, you know?"

Joon faced the blonde, staring down at him. After a few seconds of silence, the blonde's eyes flicked open to stare back into deep brown ones. Joon smiled and retracted his hand, setting it on the back of the couch. "It'll only get you killed if the questions lead to a secret that shouldn't be exposed."

The blonde smirked and sat up, turning so his face was right in front of Joon's face, noses centimeters away from each other. "Are you willing to get killed from digging too deep into questions?"

Joon went closer, a smirk spreading across his face. "Only if you're the one who's going to end me if I do."

It was quiet and then V's smirk softened into a saddened grin, leaning forward and placing a chaste kiss to Joon's lips, pulling away but staying centimeters away. "Not in a million years." After hearing a hum from Joon, V went in closer and connected their lips again, holding him in the kiss longer.