18

They arrive at the library and Namjoon ran around like a roadrunner in search for the childish book Jin wanted to read.

"Cat in the hat. Cat in the hat."

~Category: Horror~

"Not here. Cat in The Hat..."

~Category: Mystery~

"It's a book about a man disguised as a tall cat trying to get kids into his spaceship. It should definitely be here... Nevermind."

~Category: Comedy~

"Nope.~

~Category: Romance~

"Skip, skip. Love is shit."

~Category: Kids~

"Target spotted." As Namjoon was about to take out the first book, he heard a tiny squeal.

"Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!" He found Jin hugging the librarian.

"Well... At least he got the book." Namjoon cringed halfway while dragging Jin out of the library.

"I'm sorry, he has mental problems." Namjoon whispered at the librarian.

"I COULDN'T HEAR YOU, CHILD! DID YOU SAY THE INSTRUMENTAL HARLEM?!" Jin looked at Namjoon and they ran out of the library all the way outside to laugh.

"I had no idea she was deaf! I feel so bad now. I looked like an idiot!" The younger shouts, headbanging his head against a table.

"The Cat in The Hat has an adventure awaiting for you. Follow these steps and dance along with the cat, come on, one two!" The older boy was focused on the childish book, he didn't even notice he was reading out loud.

"Do you actually like this?" Namjoon asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, yes I do. It's a very fun book to read." The older replied, with a sassy attitude.

"Whatever. Hey, I'm going back to the library to search for this book I passed by. I'll be back soon- Oof!" Namjoon looked down and saw Jin was wrapped around his waist thanking him.

"Get off! I can't stand people clinging onto me, especially a nerd like you. It's bad enough you take up space in my dorm, so get off!" He pushed the older boy off him and walked away pissed off.

"Well fine, keep being an asshole! I'm going elsewhere, you DUMB RED DEVIL!" Jin shouted, taking his book to read it somewhere else. Somewhere no one could find him.

"I bet no one ever looks here! I'll just finish this last chapter and go."

Namjoon's POV:

I hate human contact. I hate humans in general.

He needs to understand that.

Doubt that he ever would though, he's all over the place hugging random people and making friends with everyone.

I wonder what makes him so nice.

~~~

As I finally got my book, I apologized to the lady for laughing and walked away.

Thankfully she didn't seem to mind because she was laughing as well. I went back outside and was confronted with a lot of students. Some were talking about Jin so me being the gossip 'seeker' that I am, hid behind a huge tree and heard a conversation these people were having that involved the nerdy weirdo.

"I know, right? That kid is always getting upset over nothing. I don't know what's his problem."

"yeah, and have you noticed how he constantly shakes?" Namjoon realized that Jin is always jumpy and very nervous around everyone. At first he seemed shy, but now he's just loud and shaky around a lot of people.

"Are you guys talking about Kim Seokjin?" A random student asked. They all nodded. Namjoon got closer to hear better.

"He's in a dark basement. I heard him trip over a few steps but he was okay afterwards. Now he's just crying a lot. Poor guy."

"Oh shit..."