51

As the night grew colder, Jin cursed at himself for not bringing a sweater or a jacket.

He was too heated at the moment from all of the stress in his mind, he left every item of clothing he owned back in Namjoon's dorm.

"On the bright side, at least Namjoon is finally free to have his own room to himself." He laughed to himself, remembering a few of their memories together.

"RED-HAIRED DEVIL SLEEPS HERE TOO?!"

"WHAT DID HE CALL ME?"

"I hear you, kid. I used to believe in a fake hero, remember?"

"Hey! Hey! I'm NOT a kid!"

He started laughing harder, remembering the night they both got drunk.

"Heyyyy, your ass looks goooood."

"Hooooooooooooooo-ly shiiiiiiiiiiiit! I don't mean to alarm your peach ass, but there's a huge snake stuck to your dick."

"You gay fucker."

"J-j-joke's on you! I'm a virgin. And fuck you too!"

"You long necked crane!"

"You demonic douche!"

"I hate your ass!"

"At least I have an ass!" Tears of laughter kept streaming down Jin's face. But sorrow filled his heart as soon as he started remembering the newest memories he had with the younger boy.

"Just let me die!! I screwed up. Hit me! Hit me!! Hit me!!!"

"I think I just discovered my new super powers."

"Hey Anpanman, can you show me your new super powers again?"

"Goodnight, baby." Jin kept walking, his eyes squinting at the bright lights.

"Goodnight, Joonie." His vision started to get foggy.

"That's my Anpanman."

"Oh, so I'm yours now?" He clenched his heart.

"Go... I'm sorry for keeping you with me for so long." Each sentence he heard, his mind would get more and more upset.

"Don't leave me... Sidekick." He felt guilty for leaving behind the one person that made him smile and feel safe when he was broken and insecure.

But at the same time, he felt caged in two intersections: It was either stay with the man he loved for a couple of years, knowing the principal was the man that killed his father, or leave everything behind and figure out a way on how to live on his own.

Because there was no way in hell that he was going to live with his mother again.

Did he love her? Of course.

Did he miss her? Yes, yes he did.

But ever since the death of his father, his mom never recovered. She's been in and out of hospitals, she's visited a lot of therapists, and she's tried healing on her own. Trying to forget was never something she could do, let alone, react.

It's as if she was paralyzed and lost all sense of control and it broke Jin's heart to see her like that.

She used to be his only hope whenever he would feel weak.

She told him stories about Anpanman all the time and never ruined his dreams of meeting his superhero.

And just when he had him, he let him go. Why? All because of a man who ruined his life in the first place.

Jin was so caught up with thoughts about his parents, the principal, Hoseok, Namjoon and the friends he left behind, he didn't notice a car was headed his way.

"LOOK OUT!!!" The scream from a pedestrian made Jin turn his head back... Not his body.

He blacked out.

"Don't leave me."

"I promise."

~~~

Jin noticed a tall figure headed towards him.

He spread his arms wide and carried him.

His voice. His smell. That familiar scent of colonge filling up his lungs.

His breathing. His clothes...

"Welcome home, Jin."

"Dad?"