SoraRib//そらりぶ

I was invited to (Y/N)'s birthday party, which I'm currently at.
But what exactly am I supposed to do here...?
Everyone's been drinking, I really couldn't say that I've seen anyone without a glass of booze or a bottle of beer in their hand.

Suddenly, a man walked up to me. It was dark, except for the flashing neon lights, so I couldn't really recognize him that well. His voice, even though he was seemingly yelling, was almost completely drowned out by the music.

"Hey, you!"

"Hm?"

I turned around, only to get a bottle of beer shoved in my face.

"Uh..."

"It's boring without the right things here."

He grinned at me while saying that.

"Uh, yeah... Thanks I guess. Who are you, by the way?"

"Whaaat, you don't recognize me!?"

"Now that you mention it, your voice does seem rather familiar."

"Huh, only my voice seems familiar?", he sighed, "Well, I'll forgive you because it's so dark here. I'm Rib, see?"

He pointed to his face dramatically, then held a few strands of black hair between two fingers.

"Oh."

"Just 'oh'!? Man, you really are something...", he smiled slightly.

"Well, now that we both have something to drink - What's up?"

"Nothing, really. I'm not the type of person who goes to parties. I enjoy talking to the people here and have a good time, but-", I was cut off by Rib sitting down next to me as a dancing couple bumped into him, "- These occasions can get... pretty wild. I have to be careful not to get too drunk.", I looked at the bottle in my hand.

"I see. So... What are you doing here then?"

"Well... She invited me, so I couldn't say no."

"Ah, I know what you mean!"

I listened to him while taking another sip from my beer.
Soon enough, my bottle was empty.

"Empty already, huh? Wait here, I'll get us something to drink."

"Another bottle?", I wanted to ask, but he was already gone.

I sighed.

This is definitely not what I expected today.

Meeting Rib again, then drinking something, when I didn't plan on doing to.

But there he was again, coming towards me with two bottles of beer, the same one we had before, and a bottle holding clear liquid.

Oh no.

"Rib, I don't really-"

"Come on! You have to at least drink something if you're gonna sit here!"

"But-"

"No buts allowed! Here."

He gave me one of the beer containing bottles and placed the other one on the table in front of us.

I sighed yet again, then drank some beer.

It won't hurt, right?

I just noticed he had also brought two shot glasses. While i wasn't interested in consuming any of the bottle's contents, I had to say that the glasses looked pretty.

Was I already letting my thoughts drift off that far after one bottle of beer?

I shook my head slightly.