🎈 Sou//そう 🎂

Today, yet again, I saw her wearing a white dress with pink daisy petals adorning her chest, waist and legs.
Just watching her let me feel incredible.

'Who is she?', you may ask yourself.

Well, I'm talking about my neighbor, which I happen to maybe like a tad too much.

Like every morning, I saw her leave her apartment, the hem of her dress swaying in the wind.
Daisies were her everyday-must-have-design, though I didn't exactly know why.
Even if one does love this flower, is it necessary to wear it everyday?

... I wasn't complaining though.
She looks beautiful.

She made her way towards the park in front of our apartment building, taking a seat on of the benches near the small pond.
That, again, was her everyday routine.

I watched her everyday, which slowly led to me developing feelings for her.
We never really talked much, just friendly greetings if we happened to meet in the hallway or such.

But today, I was sure, I would finally talk to her.

I got myself dressed and headed outdoors, taking my wallet with me.
I would need it.

……………………………

As I entered the shop, a nice scent of various flowers mixed together reached my nostrils, making me hum in satisfaction.

"Hello! How may I help you?"

I looked in front of me, seeing a friendly woman, presumably a vendor, smile at me.

"I was searching for a certain flower."

I was a bit, not having had many conversations with women in my life.
They somehow intimidated me.

"Yes, of course! Which may it be?"

"Uhm... Daisies...?"

"Good choice! Do you have a color in mind?"

Confusion hit me.

"Color? I thought daisies are always white?"

"Oh no, sir! They're existing in almost every color! Follow me, I will show you a few examples, If you'd like."

I nodded slightly, glad that the woman was helping me.
I learned something new today.
Maybe that will help me have a decent conversation later.

……………………………

After the vendor showed me various colors, I decided to stick with peach-colored, royal blue and kelly green ones.
I bowed thankfully and left the shop with the fresh flowers.

I didn't take my time to get a vase and water.

I couldn't wait any longer.

Half-running, I rushed towards the park where I was a 100% sure she was still sitting on a bench, drawing or reading.

As I arrived, I overlooked the green field from afar, noticing some (h/c) strands peeking out from behind a bush.
I smiled to myself, slowly approaching the girl, hands fidgeting with the bouquet in hand.

"Uh... H-Hi.", I stuttered out.

Why was I stuttering, though?
I knew I was nervous, but I had to act confident, at least in front of her.

"Oh? Hi! What a coincidence to meet you here. What are you up to?", she asked, a smile gracing her face, making her look even more beautiful.

I always have watched her from afar, but up close, I could feel my heart beating faster, my mind only filled with thoughts of her.

"I..."

I couldn't bring myself to find the right words to explain the situation I was in.
I could just be straight-forward and hand her the flowers, but my body decided that it was better not to do so.

Her eyes lit up as she noticed the flowers in my hand.
Seemingly happy, she asked excitedly, "For whom may these flowers be?"

I was slightly taken aback by her sudden formality, not amused by it.
Why was she acting like that all of a sudden?

"They are for you.", I blurted out.

She looked shocked for a moment, but her usual smile returned right after.

"Is that so? Then I will gladly accept them."

As she took the flowers and opened the wrapping though, her shocked face returned and she glared at them in horror.

"I- I-I-"

Not quite catching the situation, I asked her if everything was okay, but she furiously shook her head.

"P-Please, take them back."

Hearing this, I could feel my heart sting as a sudden sadness overcame me.

She seemed to notice my sadness and quickly acted.

"I-I'm sorry, it's not your fault! Just... I'm allergic to daisies.", she sweat-dropped, leaving me dumb-founded.

Then it finally hit me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I- I didn't know you were allergic!! You wear dresses with daisies on them everyday, so I thought-"

"Don't apologize! It's okay, really! But next time, please let it be some other kind of flower.", she grinned.

"I will make sure of it.", I grinned back.

I sat down beside her and we talked through the rest of the day, mostly about which flowers she liked and her weird habit of wearing the same dresses every day.

…………………………………………………………

Happy birthday Sou!!
I totally didn't think his birthday was tomorrow or anything, naaahh fam

... Let's celebrate this cinnamon roll!!