EveSou//いぶそう [Part 2]

Continuation of the first part. Many Eve-Puns again. Enjoy.
_________________________________________

Tossing and turning was made audible through the sound of the thick, fluffy covers moving frequently, stopping eventually, only to start again.

A sigh sounded throughout the small bedroom of Sou's own apartment, the lanterns from outside illuminating the brunette's surroundings.
It has been a while since he was back in Tokyo again after his long and exhausting tour.
He still remembers the day where he came home, Eve picking him up at the station, carrying him home because he was too tired to move-
All the feelings he felt back then were coming up again at the thought of it.

... That's why a faint blush decorated his cheeks now.

He also remembered the things he did in his sleepy state.

He couldn't resist burying his head in his pillow out of shame.

He kind of regretted the things he had done back then, as he didn't know whether it was right or wrong to do such things to a friend, but also didn't feel bad at all, as all he had done was from his genuine feelings towards him.

The problem was just that Eve didn't know about his feelings towards him, and part of him tried to convince him that it was better if he kept silent.
The other part though couldn't wait to tell him.
He wanted to let his feelings go.
Especially since that night...
Eve had told him all his feelings, thinking the younger was asleep.

But he wasn't.

And now Sou was clueless as to what to do.

It was one thing to listen to someone confess, but confessing was a whole other world.

He felt tears brimming at his eyes, frustrated because he couldn't sleep for some goddamn reason.

Then, his smartphone lit up, signaling him that it was now fully charged.
That's when he also saw the current time, 1:30 in the morning.

A weird, sudden idea crossed his mind.

If he was to call Eve, would he pick up? Would he actually bother to talk to him at such an ungodly hour?
He could, of course, be awake.
But what if he was to wake him from his sleep?
What if-

He already had his phone in his hand, scrolling through his contacts.

If he would stay awake for any longer, the frustration would make him cry for real.

So instead of staying awake and contemplaining about his life to himself, he would just hope to talk to Eve about it.
Maybe he's even brave enough to confess to him?
... Just a joke.

The more he thought about it, the less confident he became in actually calling him.

But his other choice would be crying himself to sleep until who-knows-when, so hearing the elder's voice for even just a minute, as he expected it, does sound like the better option.

With that, he dialed his number, holding the phone to his right ear.

"Hello?"

Upon hearing the voice of his beloved, his heart started to beat faster.

"H-Hey Eve-san!"

"Sou? Are you okay? Why aren't you sleeping?"

He didn't ask why he called.
He didn't want to hear a specific reason.
All he did was worry for him.

"I- I can't sleep... That's why I called. Did I wake you...?"

"It's fine, I was awake anyways."