🎈 Soraru//そらる 🎂

Since I moved here, I have always been intrigued by the beautiful, blossoming peach tree that you grew.
The branches were hanging over the fence on my side, so one day I just decided to secretly help myself.
Every day I had some time I would reach out to the pink fruits, pulling then off one by one.

They were delicious.

I made pie, marmelade or pudding out of them or ate them raw.
It didn't matter how - they tasted amazing.

Sometimes I thought of giving you some of my homemade treats, but you would suspect me of stealing from your property, so I brushed aside that idea and focused on my food.

When I was out in my garden the next day, I went over to our fence again.
I reached out but you quickly grabbed my hand with a grin, catching me in the act of stealing.

At that time, I only gasped and apologized, realizing that what I did was more than wrong, but you shrugged it off and invited me into your house.
You told me to bring some of the sweets I made with the peaches so we could eat them together and talk, so I did just that and intruted your privacy.

From that day on, we grew to become closer and closer.
I would often come over to cook or bake for you and you even showed me that you had other trees in your garden which I could use.
You also had vegetables and herbs, showing just how much of a gardener you were.

As the seasons passed, I helped you protect the plants with big covers so they would survive the cold weather.
When the summer time came again we would remove the covers again and you would show me how to handle and care for every little plant.

The time we spent together was the most calming.
Just talking and handling the flowers and such, not much action or pressure on either of us.
We were content being near each other.

One day, as I looked over, I saw the peach tree without any fruits hanging on the branches.
I was surprised because I was usually the one to pluck it but I guessed you gave them to someone as a gift so I let it slide.
As I went over like everyday, though, I noticed that your house was unusually quiet.

You weren't there.

I was confused, since you didn't tell that you would be out, but I let that slide, too, and went home again.

The following days were always the same.
I would come over to visit you, you wouldn't be there and I would go home again.
I started to wonder where you've been all day and inspected the plants.

They looked like they haven't been watered since decades.

I quickly grabbed a watering can and gave them life support.
The plants grew to be ours and not just yours, so I had to attend to them.
The memories we've made through watering or plucking them were very precious to me and I wouldn't let them get destroyed so easily.

You were gone for about two months now.

To be honest, I stopped counting after a while because I couldn't bear any day longer without you.
I realized how much I miss you when you're not here and how I miss talking to you and getting smiled at when I pick up the peaches.

I was sad.
I lost all hope.
You wouldn't come back, I was sure of that.

Three months later.
Six months had passed since you disappeared.

Like everyday I went over, watered our plants and cleaned your house.
At least you left me a spare-key.

Disappointed that I was still left alone I went home again, but as I was about to step on my property I saw you standing right in front of my door, a flower bouquet and a basket with various fruits in hand.
You were dressed nicely, I could see your nervous and regretting expression even from where I was standing.

Making your way towards me, you took a halt right in front of my figure, reached the presents out and got on your knees.

I took the flowers and fruits to see you taking something out of your pocket.

"I'm home. Sorry that I left you. I won't ever leave you alone anymore. Will you marry me?"

_________________________________________

Happy birthday Soraru!! 🎉🎁🎈🎂
I know, you don't really recognize him in this story, but I found it nice to imagine that it was him, so please enjoy it anyways!