🎈 Shoose//しゅーず 🎂

"Ugh, this day couldn't be any worse..."

It was a sunny day, too sunny in my opinion, as I was sat on a bench at a nearby park.
I had ridden here with my bicycle, but along the way I got distracted and rode into a tree, painfully falling to the ground, my bicycle broken and my skin bloody and bruised.

I sighed, squinting at the sunlight in my eyes.

Just as I thought it couldn't get worse, my stomach started growling - loudly.

"Are you serious...? I'm really not in the mood to eat anything... Let alone do I have the money to... How will I even get home, now...?"

Through all my complaining I didn't notice a person sitting down beside me until they lightly tapped my shoulder.

"Uhm... Here, if you don't mind?"

The brunette male held out an banana to me, pity written all over his face.

"I- Thank you..."

I didn't have much choice but to accept.

I was starving.

"I heard you talking to yourself, and... You were saying you're hungry, so..."

"Thank you very much.", I smiled as best as I could - I wasn't feeling like smiling, after all.

"I should probably go now... Eat something proper."

"Oh... Right."

I felt one last glance of him on my body, scanning my bruises, before I got up and left - dragging my broken bicycle with me.

…………………………

The next day I passed by the park again.
Without me realizing I scanned my surroundings, past the trees and screaming children, in search of the kind male from yesterday.

Being distracted again I walked into a pole, falling flat onto the ground.

"Ouch..."

"Ahaha! Ouch-"

My eyes went wide as I saw the brunette which got me into this situation walk into a pole, just like I did a few seconds ago.

Although my back was still hurting, I couldn't help but laugh the whole situation off.

"Pfft, such an idiot..."

"Yeah, haha... So, uh, are you okay?", he asked, rubbing his head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What about you?"

"Oh, sure- It was just my head... But I actually meant your bruises. From yesterday, you know?"

"Oh..."

I looked down at my arms, the blood now gone but scars remaining.

"Oh well, you know...", I smirked, this time in a much better mood.

"That's good. So, you, uh... Wanna grab some coffee tomorrow?"

"Sure. It's on me, I have to pay you back for the banana.", I chuckled.

"Nah, it's on me. I got to compensate you for walking into that pole."

"Valid point."

So we exchanged numbers, met up day after day and what happened before I met him was long forgotten.

How bad days can affect your whole life...

_________________________________________

VERY SHORT

Happy birthday Shoose! 🎈🎁🎊🎉

I plan do give you something longer next time and hopefully be more active again, so please be patient with me 🙏