🍂🎃🍋 [8th] AmaKuro//あまくろ 🍋🍂🎃

Throughout the otherwise silent apartment, the faint sound of the TV playing could be heard.
Rather than a TV show, the news were playing.

A few phrases were frequently heard during the weather report.

Heavy snow.

Rapidly falling temperatures.

Stay safe.

From the heating table, Amatsuki sighed while fumbling with his golden, long, dangling earring as he was playing games on his phone.
While listening to the weatherman on TV, he looked outside to, indeed, see big flocks of snow coming from the sky, gravity pulling them down to fall gently onto the earth.

While he was sitting in the comforting warmth, his roommate was trying to take a shower.

"Oiii, Amatsuki!! You left the showerhead too high, I can't reach it!!"

... Trying.

He suddenly remembered.

It made him smile in amusement.

She was too short to reach the shower head he had adjusted to his height this morning.

He got up and made his way towards the bathroom, where his roommate stood, eyeing him expectantly.

He, in return, shrugged.

"Sorry.“

"I don't need your apologies! Just... Fix it, please...", she pouted as answer.

"Yes, yes. Stand aside and let the great Amatsuki help you."

"Yeah, just enjoy the moment and feel like a hero.“, she watched him reach the shower head with ease, "Even though you caused this...“

Her eyes followed his hands as he, purposely, set the shower head to a ridiculously short height.

Even for her.

He turned his head to look back at her, grinning already.

"Will this fit our short lady?“

"I would shut up if I were you. I have the perfect height to kick you in your precious parts."

"Oh no, I'm so scared! Haha, sorry, but I feel like I'm being threatened by a cupcake."

"You- Get out already! I wanna shower!"

"Are you sure the shower head is low enough now?"

"GET OUT!!"

He quickly walked out of the bathroom, laughing while doing so, and closed the door behind him.

With a satisfied sigh, after he had calmed down- not only from laughing, but also from being near his roommate- he went back into the living room, rolling down his sleeves he had rolled up earlier when having assisted Kuro.

For a moment, he was reminiscing about all the things they had been through, be it good or bad ones.
The thing he likes to remind himself of the most is how it even came to them living together as roommates.

Flashback

"And we are doing this again why exactly?“

Heavy, seemingly tired footsteps could be heard, as well as the rolling of suitcases against the solid pavement.

An apologetic smile was sent up at the brunette as the short woman adjusted the knitted, black hat on her blonde head.

"I lost my keys somewhere on the way here, okay? My apartment is the one that‘s nearer, so the most convenient solution would just be...“