🎈 Colon//ころん 🎂

The Asylum.
A place I'd never thought of becoming a place I'd visit on a regular basis.

My name is (S/N) (Y/N), I'm a (Y/A) years old health-care worker at a local asylum.
In other words - I'm surrounded by maniacs every single day.

At first it was just a normal job.
Look after the patients, occasionally talk to them (if there's no way around it), clean their cells.
Sometimes bring them food.
That was all I had to do, a simple job (although it didn't pay well, either).

But today, my simple job here was on the verging of changing due to a certain someone.
Was it a co-worker, you ask?
Oh no, I wish that would have been the case.
On the contrary, it was one of the mad patients we had, one I didn't even have much contact with.

I was ordered to check the B-West-Tract today, although I usually work in A-East.
It's not my first time switching sections, but seeing more crazy patients isn't good for my own mental health.
Nevertheless I did my job and went over, avoiding eye contact with everyone as good as possible.

Everything worked out fine, the day came to an end, I was on my way back.
But just before I went past the last cells an arm reached out to me, grabbing my sleeve.

"Wha-"

I turned around, struggling to free myself from his grasp.
The blue-haired male was grinning at me through the grid.

"You know, if I wasn't locked up here you'd be mine."

"... You're insane to even think that."

"That's why I'm here, babe."

"..."

I was at a loss for words.
This man was out of his mind, way more than I first thought.
I should get out of here as fast as possible.
... But something about him intrigued me.

"What is it, beautiful? Whatever it is, I'd love to hear your sweet voice some more."

"I-I should go."

But he still didn't let go of my sleeve.

"Stay a bit. It's so lonely here, all alone in this dark, cold cell..."

I gulped.
I was warned to be cautious of patients luring me in.
They were all insane.
I knew that.
And yet...

"... I'll be back tomorrow."

"Really!? Yay!"

"Ugh..."

…………………………...

Since that day I became his personal caretaker.
I visited him everyday, cleaning his cell, talking to him, bringing him food...

Trying to save him.

There was a reason he was sent to this place and I was definitely going to figure out what's wrong with his head.

"Colon..."

"Hm?"

"I don't know if I can even talk normally to you, and you will probably just try to dodge the question, but... Why are you here? Why are you at the asylum?"

"..."

His usual cheery expression got replaced by sadness, his eyes slowly closing.

"Colon...? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ask-"

"I'm...", he interrupted me.

"I've been here a long time. No one ever cared. None of the other crazy maniacs ever asked why I'm here. And, to be honest... I never did, either."

"Eh?"

He... Never asked?

"Frankly said - I don't know why I'm here."

"I-"

He doesn't... Know why he's here...

"I just came to accept it. One day I was here and I'm probably going to spend the rest of my life this way. I've come to terms with it."

Don't give in just yet.
He answered too easy.
Was he lying to win me over?
Or...

"Colon."

A smile re-appeared on his lips.

"I got you just now, didn't I? Haha! You said it yourself, didn't you? I'm insane, that's why I'm here. But relax, I won't do anything to you."

"Colon... I... I have to leave for today."

"See you tomorrow~!"

I have a lot to think about...

……………………………

In the end, I decided to believe his words.
Colon wasn't insane, he was just acting the way others thought of him.
He was meeting their expectations.
But why?
He could just make them believe he's normal and he'd be free!
What's going on in your head, Colon...

"... Hey."

"Ooohh, you came! Didn't think you would, after yesterday."

"I can't just quit my job, can I?", I smiled bitterly.

"... I'm gonna get you out of here."

"What?"

"You'll be leaving tomorrow. I told the chefs that I cured you. You just have to go through a test and you're free."

"What? No! Why did you do that!?"

"Why? Because I'm sick of seeing you behind these iron bars when you should be standing beside me. You're not insane, Colon, and you know that better than I do. Get a grip already!", I yelled, the other patients turning around to look at me.

"... Sorry..."

"(Y/N), listen, you don't know me. This is where I belong."

"If you're gonna fail the test on purpose you'll never see me again."

"Wha-"

"Think about it."

With these words I left him on his own again, thinking about tomorrow.

……………………………

I didn't get to talk to or see him all day as I was busy in my other district, so I was surprised to hear he was looking for me.
After finishing up my work I went to his cell, ready to get mad about him over the test.

"I told you you won't ever see me again if- Mmph!?"

Before I could react I had his lips laying on mine, pressing against them tightly.

He wasn't behind the bars.
He was standing in front of me, his hands laying on my cheeks.
A tear rolled down mine as I slowly reacted to his touch.
My cheeks turned red and my lips moved in sync with his.
We ignored everyone around us, the only thing that mattered right now was his freedom.

"... I didn't fail the test. I couldn't bear not seeing you again."

"... You're really insane, after all.", I laughed, a weight lifted off my shoulders.

That's how my story with the lovely, crazy male began.
Even after he got released we saw each other, as promised.

I must be crazy for falling in love with him.

_________________________________________

Okay listen
I know it's been over a week since the last update
I said I'm back and I am, I'm not Rib
My updates have never been regular, I'm trying to upload every week, I promise
But now

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLON 🎉🎉🎉🎉
YOU'RE GETTING OLD BUDDY
Jk he's 24 now wtf
Y'all so young

A n y w a y s
If you didn't notice yet - I closed requests for now!
To catch up on all the stuff that's left over
I still have some requests without story though, so if you want to request a plot I'm still open for that!!

Hope you enjoyed our crazy little monkey, happy birthday again!! 🎁🎂🎉🎊🎈