🍂🎃 [9th] luz//ルス 🍂🎃

"Let's make a promise, okay?", he said, holding his pinky finger out to her.

"If we're adults, I will take you on a date and make you the happiest girl ever!"

She nodded and intertwined their pinky fingers, smiling.

……………………………

That was 10 years ago.

Now (Y/N) was a 22 year old woman, but she still remembered that promise very clearly.
Her then 13 year old friend luz had to move away and they never talked again.

She was sad.

That promise lifted her mood whenever she thought about it and she still hoped to see him again someday, somewhere.

She was currently on her way to the office where she worked at, running a bit late.
Why was she late?
Well, it's easy;

Her cat spilled her already cold coffee over her clothes and files, so she had to change and somehow safe the files.
Due to that, she missed her train and had to wait for 25 minutes.

To sum it up - It was a horrible morning.

Without any motivation, she entered the building, greeted everyone with a fake smile and sat down at her desk.

To be honest, she felt like crying.
Her mood has been crushed since she woke up and nothing good happened to her lately.
All she could think of now was to go home again, eat and sleep.
That was her everyday.

Once she started working she drowned herself in it to forget everything else as the hours went by.

……………………………

"I'm finally free..."

Sighing, she got up, packed her stuff and left the office.

She decided to grab herself something to eat before she went home, so she stopped by a sushi restaurant and ordered takeout.
Holding onto her food tightly, she continued her way home, not noticing that she had been followed this whole time.
At the next traffic light, however, she turned around and stared a blonde man right in the eye.

"U-Uhm, sorry, I didn't intend to-"

Suddenly noticing something odd, she stopped herself midsentence.

The male smiled, reaching out his pinky finger with one hand and taking out a flower bouquet from behind him with his other.

"Do you remember me?"

"l-luz?"

She was shocked to the bones, rendered speechless.
Did he finally remember?
After all these years?

"You know... I never forgot. Not even once. I was always thinking about it- About you. I searched for every possible way to finally meet you again. It was really hard to find out your adress, you know?", he grinned.

"B-But how- And why now...?"

"I... I didn't want to move away. I really didn't. But... My parents got a new job, and... I couldn't tell you. My heart wouldn't take it. So I left... But I always remembered our promise. And now I'm finally done with school, have enough money and found the time to go on that date with you and make you the happiest girl ever. Would you still be willing to go out with me, (Y/N)?"

"I... Oh my god, I-"

As she tried to form any understandable sentences, she felt hot tears approaching.
They rolled down her cheeks, leaving a tickling sensation behind.

"You don't have to cry. I'm sorry, I'm finally here for you. And I won't leave you ever again. I promise."

Just like 10 years ago, he held out his pinky finger, smiling.

She wiped away her tears, returned the smile and, once again, intertwined their pinky fingers.

That's how it should have been a long time ago.

They were finally reunited and would never let each other go again.

_________________________________________

Boys
Did you fucking see USSS's Halloween merch
I'm dying and my wallet is, too