🍂🎃 [24th] Meychan//めいちゃん 🍂🎃

Monday.

Monday means; Ethnic.

There was one simple reason why I hated this subject.

It was boring as hell.

Especially if you had a teacher who leads monologues 90 minutes without break.
He would occasionally ask a question, then wait 20 minutes to choose someone to answer.
After the person answered, he needs 20 more minutes to finally comment on his answer.
In the end, you never know if what you said was even right, because all he says is 'hmmm, yes, you could say so.'

Anyways, to get back to my current situation-

I was frustrated.
I wouldn't survive another minute listening to this old man.
So I decided to simply use my laptop for other things than taking notes.

Opening up my browser, I typed in seven letters that had saved my life many times before.

Netflix.

I didn't notice the stares on my as I continued to search for my favorite series - Friends - and clicked on a random series, enjoying the comedy and humor that it provided instead of focusing on school.
Occasionally quiet chuckles left my lips, but nobody really seemed to notice, so I guess it was fine.

After a while of watching, I heard someone else behind me giggle so I turned around and stared into my classmates eyes.

"This episode is really funny!"

He flashed me a smile, pointing at my laptop.

'So he watched all the time?'

I grinned and moved the laptop a bit so he could watch along better.

.................................

After class, we exchanged a few words, laughter and our phone numbers to keep in contact.
He was a really cool guy - I mean, he must be if he likes the same series as I do, doesn't he?

"Hey, you wanna hang out after school? There's this really nice store that sells Friends merch and-"

"Yes, I want to!"

My reply was almost too sudden, making him speechless for a moment.

"Then... Let's have fun!"

After school ended we immediately run to the train station, hopped onto the vehicle and did stupid shit literally everywhere we went.
I felt like I could truly be free with him - he didn't have any boundaries, he's just living and enjoying life.

I admired that.

After hours of shopping and eating and shopping and eating and-
We sat down at the station with hundreds of bags and waited for our ride back.

"It was really fun with you today.", he laughed.

"I know right? You're such a funny dude, seriously."

"Why didn't we talk sooner?"

We looked at each other surprised after saying that in sync and laughed about the similarity of our thoughts.

"So... Are we gonna do this again?"

"We definitely have to!!"

Laughing and talking for the rest of our time together, we seperated soon.
But almost immediately after I got home I got a call from him.

"Hey, haha, didn't we just see each other?"

"I couldn't wait to talk to you again."

I blushed a little at his words, trying to not overthink his actions.
He probably just said that for fun, right?

"Haha, thanks. I like talking to you, too."

I didn't see him but I didn't need to anyways - I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"Alright then! Uh, hey, did you, by any chance, get what he said in ethnic? I, uh, wasn't really paying attention."

"Dude, I was the one who even started watching Netflix in the middle of school. Do you think I have even one clue of what happened today?"

We laughed again, realizing his stupidity.
It was really relaxing to talk to him like this, freely and not bound to any formalities even though we only got to know each other.

Over time, we became really good friends.
And one thing was clear-

We did fail the class, but at least we had someone new to talk about our favorite show with!

_________________________________________

I know
I know
I'm tired
I'm always writing the oneshots at, like, 11pm because I'm always busy lately
So I only write shit
Short, no romance shit
You're allowed to slap me //slap