🍂🎃 [3rd] nqrse//なるせ 🍂🎃

They were friends since they could think of.
They grew up together, went to the same kindergarten, same school, same college.

She was a little older than him, but neither of them cared.
They were best friends, trusting each other without limits, helping the other in any possible situation.

They would always care for each other; If one of them caught a cold, the other would rush over, laugh slightly and then take care of them.

It has been like this since they were little, so why should anything change now?

They've grown into adults.
Puberty hit them hard.

Though their appearance might have changed, their personalities stayed the same.

... And that's exactly the reason why one of them eventually fell in love with the other.

……………………………

Spring.
The season of love.

I hoped to finally accomplish something this month, being inspired by cherry blossoms and.

One of those things was to get a boyfriend.

It wasn't really a task, but a wish rather.
I just wished to find someone to truly be happy with.
Well, it's not like there isn't a person I think of when it comes to this topic... But that's another story.

I decided to push all my daily thoughts aside for now and finally went into the school building, having been late for three days in a row now.

He would definitely kill me for that later...

……………………………

The teacher entered the room, greeting us students and proceeding to take attendance.

I looked to my left, frowning as I saw the empty seat.

'She isn't here yet... Seriously, it's day three already. What the hell is she doing?'

I sighed, paying attention to the teacher again, hoping she wouldn't take too long.

"I'M SORRY, I'M LATE AGAIN!! THERE WAS A CAT AND-"

"Just sit down and be quiet... I'm used to it already...", our teacher face-palmed and turned back to the chalk board.

"So... A cat, huh?", I smirked, making her pout cutely.

Yes, cutely.

I admit that I have feelings for her.
It all started a month ago...-

"nqrse!?"

My flashback got interrupted by her yelling into my ear.

"Shut up- or at least, be quiet..."

"But- you asked me something and then ignored my answer!"

"Hah... I've been lost in thoughts. Besides, we have homeroom right now. You already came late, so would you please at least pay attention in class?"

She pouted again but turned around to listen to the teacher.

I smiled to myself, glad that she listened to me.

……………………………

The two were currently sitting on the roof, having their lunch.

"I- Uhm... I-I tried cooking something for you, so that's kinda why I was late the last three days...?"

"Eh?"

He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You've been... Cooking for me and that's why you're late?"

It was too good to be true.
But-

"You were late because of me!? Why didn't you tell me sooner!?"

"J-Just shut up and try it, alright!?"

The elder shoved a spoon with freshly made food into his mouth, watching his reaction.
What she didn't expect was the sudden blush that crept up his face.

"I-It's really good..."

"nqrse..."

It was just now that they noticed how close their faces have been all this time.

"nqrse, I... Might have to tell you something. But I'm scared. I don't want to lose you. We've known each other since forever... You probably already know what I want to say, right? I-"

"Wait!"

"Wait? Why? You don't... Want me to say it?"

"That's not it- But, shouldn't I be the one to say it first?"

"Wh-What? I didn't expect you to-"

"I love you! And I actually have for a long time! I didn't know how to tell you... I know that you've been wanting to get a boyfriend this season. Then, why not choose me?"

"Oh my god, I-"

Both were speechless.
One surprised that they were actually able to say it after all this time and the other was speechless because they felt like time stopped.
It was too good to be happening.

"Of course I want to!! I mean- S-Sure, let's try it."

She tried to play it cool, but once he saw the smile on nqrse's lips she grinned like an idiot and jumped into his arms, receiving a loving hug.

"When childhood friends become lovers... How cliché.", she laughed.

They spent the rest of the break cuddling on the rooftop before going back and distracted each other from the important things the teachers were saying.

(Y/N) came late again the next day and the days after.
But now nqrse didn't worry - He knew what his girl was doing.

_________________________________________

short and crappy, damn
Hope you enjoyed anyways!
I listened to nqrse's stream while writing this so I got distracted-

If you have character and/or story wishes for the ongoing Promptober, feel free to tell me!
I'll try to do all requests that have piled up till now, but they still aren't enough to fill up the entire month, so every request is appreciated!