Chapter 105: Respite in the Bedlam

When All is Lost, One is Found

Author: Rinoaebastel

Chapter 105: Respite in the Bedlam

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter and gain no profit from this fanfiction other than writing practice. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

AN: This story may contain scenes taken from the Harry Potter movies and books, but it's not exact dialogue, just rewording of dialogue or omission. It is not marked.

He almost laughed aloud when he landed in the darkness outside. Albus' face had been stunned with his words. He didn't intend of ruining Albus' plan completely of course, but things could be altered and he fully intended on doing what was best in his situation.

He looked around the snowy area and took a second to take in a deep breath of the fresh air. Then, he searched the area using what little moonlight was currently shining down on the environment. Everything was just as it should be. There were no people around, and only the sound of the unfrozen river broke up the quiet night. He took a step and sensed magic. Wards of his own creation. Spells he'd taught her.

He felt a pull and his eyes registered a new realm opening to him.

He felt a pressure at his side, making him smile.

"What did I do before you went to kill Dumbledore?" she said, her voice like a song to his ears.

"You stupidly threw yourself into my arms in front of your friend and kissed me." Though his words sounded unpleased, he spoke them in dulcet tones.

She moved away from him and he took the opportunity to study her face. A sad smile was in control of her lips and fresh tears were spilling down her cheeks. She took his hand, intertwined their fingers, and guided him to the tent.

He went inside and his attention immediately went to Potter. He was whimpering and clinching his fist. Every few seconds he would kick his feet or shift his body as if doing so would relieve some of the pain.

"I...I'm sorry for putting you in much more danger, but Harry is getting worse and I..."

"You did the right thing," he said and removed the vial of antivenin from his pocket. "When was he bitten, and did you use bezoars?"

He let go of her hand and walked over to Potter. He crouched at the boy's side and placed a hand on his forehead. As expected, the fever was high, but not at its maximum.

Yet.

"Two days ago, and I used four bezoars. Two each day. I attempted to identify the venom but...I know I'm not skilled enough. "

He nodded. "I am the only one who knows how to treat it, and Arthur Weasley is the evidence of that. Lift Potter's head."

The young witch did as he asked and with small drops, he poured the contents of the vial down his throat, forcing him to swallow several times with a tap of his wand on the boy's throat.

Emptying the vial into the boy was the first step, but now, the real battle started.

Hermione rested Potter's head back onto the pillow. He straightened and looked around the tent. He needed a safe place to work so he wouldn't burn the tent down.

It was then that he noticed her belongings around Phineas portrait. The bag he'd gifted her sat behind the portrait and a small mountain of bandages sat in front of it. It looked as if it were an altar of some kind.