Chapter 133: The Cruel Betrayal

When All is Lost, One is Found

Author: Rinoaebastel

Chapter 133: The Cruel Betrayal

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter and gain no profit from this fanfiction other than writing practice. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

AN: This story may contain scenes taken from the Harry Potter movies and books, but it's not exact dialogue, just rewording of dialogue or omission. It is not marked.

January, 1999

He'd given the lesson so many times through the years, with alterations as more advancements were made, that he could've probably done it while sleeping. Some of the improvements came from his own modifications, some came from others, and one, recently, came from the detention record holders, Miss Dutchess and Miss Bastel. He almost chuckled. It was a cure for constipation.

With the few practicing Potioneers in Britain and the lack of sharing amongst the different wizarding nations, he felt like he'd done most of the discoveries in the past decades when it came to this area.

During his time as a Death Eater, he'd been exposed to many new curses, and learned to be imaginative when it came to the cures. He wasn't sure what kind of curses were in places like the United States or Japan, so someday he wanted to take a trip to the other countries and look in on their advancements. He knew Hermione would be more than willing to accompany him even if her interest didn't lie much in the realm of brewing. She was extremely gifted in many things, but her ability to be creative and follow hunches, skills needed in brewing, were lacking. She also possessed an unease with potions that was not a good characteristic to have if one spent a lot of time around a cauldron. Maybe it was a consequence of her mistake with the polyjuice potion. He would lend her his knowledge if she wished to try, but he doubted she'd consider being a potions master.

A day to choose her future was coming along with her graduation, which was only five months away. She could be whatever she wished of course, but he wanted her to be happy with her choice.

It was her life.

He was about to go into the topic of mandrake properties when the door to his office slammed open. All the students turned to look at the door, to see the perpetrator that would meet their teacher's ire.

Only he remained stoic as he saw a blond young man, not a current student, standing there, but he was confused as to why he was standing in that particular doorway.

It was then that he paid attention to Draco's state. He was breathing hard; his face was red and his forehead sweaty.

"Severus you have to—" His voice died when he looked around and saw the students. Not wanting to lose face with his students, but at the same time inwardly panicked at his godson's state, he said, "Mister Malfoy. Have you lost your sense of courtesy during your—"

"Drop the cold front and shut up!" Malfoy interrupted, earning gasps from the students. His scowl deepened before more panic emerged when he said, "She was attacked!"

He almost didn't register those last words, or maybe he thought he had heard them incorrectly.

"Class dismissed," Snape said as he walked past the student tables and walked over to Draco, not waiting for the students to leave the classroom.