Chapter 125: Very Slytherin

When All is Lost, One is Found

Author: Rinoaebastel

Chapter 125: Very Slytherin

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter and gain no profit from this fanfiction other than writing practice. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

AN: This story may contain scenes taken from the Harry Potter movies and books, but it's not exact dialogue, just rewording of dialogue or omission. It is not marked.

September, 1998.

He'd expected that his lighter teaching might have an effect on the student essays and he'd been right in a way. Just not in the way he expected it. Though he was still as strict as he'd always been when grading them, and the students' grammar was still atrocious, the content was better. Many of the papers showed not only an understanding of the material but their own thoughts and conclusions regarding the subject matter.

He set his last essay aside. He looked at his clock and saw lunch had ended a little over an hour ago. He'd deliberately had lunch in front of his fireplace, so he could have the afternoon free to spend with Hermione. A knock sounded on the door, and he waved his hand to unlock it. The handle slowly moved and the door inched open, her eyes peaking in before she came into the room.

The way she entered was downright charming.

He relaxed when she smiled and walked toward him. He stood and she immediately hugged. She raised her head up to look at him, and then moved upward to kiss him firmly on the lips. He returned the kiss with equal fervor.

When they pulled away, she was smiling and her lips were reddish. She reached up and rubbed her hand along his bearded face.

"That was quite a hello," he said.

"I thought it was a proper hello," she said proudly. "Though if you didn't like it, I..."

"Sit down, my witch, I'll order us some tea."

She removed a book from her bag before setting it down, and then walked over to the couch. Soon, Severus had a house elf fetching them some tea. He moved over to sit down next to her and she snuggled closer before kicking off her shoes and moving her feet up on the couch to curl under her.

After both got their tea, she opened the book and focused on the text.

"A medical text?" he asked as he skimmed some of the sentences.

"Yes, I learned that healing spell from this," she said. "Madam Pomfrey gave it to me before we left for my pare...My home."

Severus stared at her as she went quiet and continued to read. He knew the loss of her parents was still fresh in her mind, it would always be there, but he hoped he could fill some of the loneliness in her. She rested her head back against him and smiled at him through her long lashes and the curls that had covered her face.

"I'm okay," she said. "Don't worry. I'm happy they're alive and healthy. I have a lovely life with you in it now. Other than some small annoyances, I'm truly happy, Severus."

She closed the book. He took it and put it on the table next to him. She moved closer and put one arm across his stomach.

"As am I," he said and sighed. "Speaking of annoyances, though this one isn't so small, what of Weasley."

She buried her entire face against his chest and groaned. "I can handle him, but he is definitely one of those small annoyances."

"His advancements became more forthright?" He felt anger and jealousy flare but it calmed quickly.

"No, not at all," she said, her voice muffled. She sat upright. "The problem is that he's hurting other girls."

"Huh?"

"Well, he does small actions towards me that is out of character for him. Stuff like trying to carry my schoolbooks and giving me little gifts like a flower he picked."

"You don't like flowers?" he teased.

"It's sweet, but it's completely not him. They're things straight out of a 1950's TV show."

Severus decided not to mention that he'd never seen any TV shows in his life. His father was much too wasteful and they were too poor to ever have any TV. Now, he found it useless drivel, though he did have an appreciation for Shakespeare and muggle stage productions.

"I see how that can be annoying to you," he said. "And I'll make a mental annotation to only pick potion ingredients for you if I ever go traipsing in the flower fields."

She laughed. "Merlin, I got a visual of that. We should go to Holland and walk in the tuli—"

"Tell me what you mean by hurting other girls. If he's hurting students then..."

"Not physically," she said. "I don't think Ron would ever hurt anyone unless defending himself. From what Harry told me he's been flirting with girls trying to get my attention. He never asks them out, and he says it's made a few girls cry. I hate that." She set her teacup down on the table in front of the couch.

"Getting involved in student's dating life is not part of my job description," he said and sipped the last of his tea before placing the saucer and teacup on the table next to him.

"Except in my case." She snuggled closer. "You are highly involved in my dating life."

"I would hope so." He kissed the top of her head. "Anything else bothering you?"

"No, life has been calm and pleasant. The only downside is the lack of time we have together."

"I dare to agree with you."

"Dare?"

He exhaled heavily. "I sometimes fear acknowledging I'm happy. I expect that something will snatch everything away, and I'll wake up and find myself still a spy. When I wake up and find that not to be the case, I'm thrilled."

She nodded. "I dream you've died sometimes and it sends terror through me. I always want to run down here to check on you when it happens."

His arms wrapped around her smaller body. "You're always welcome here, Hermione. Just don't get caught."

"I'm head girl. It's not suspicious if I'm seen in the halls."

"But that is an abuse of power, Miss Granger."

She turned around to face him, her chest pressed against his. "And this isn't?" Her lips brushed against his as she whispered her words.

"You're acting very Slytherin," he said with a grin. She bit her bottom lip and looked to the side, a blush coming to her cheeks. "What are you thinking, my witch."

She looked at him, head tilted as if contemplating something. "Fuck it." She straddled his lap, grabbed his face, on each side, and kissed him.

When she pulled away, he pushed her on her back. "Yes, very Slytherin," he whispered and then let his lips and body cover hers.

AN: Hope you liked it and let me know what you think. I'm trying to see which scenes I could do from Hermione's Point of View, so if you have some one special that you liked it too much, let me know, please and I will try to writte something. Probably I will end writing some short of this story too. We will see. Depend on my time and my other projects! See you next Wednesday.