Chapter 3

The sun was shining brightly right above the head indicating time for lunch. Everyone stopped from workig and went to the canteen to have lunh with their co-workers. However, that's not the case for Clarisse. She was still absorbed with her work until nearly four in the evening. By the time she finsihed, her empty stomach finally came back to its sense and started grumbling.

She went directly to the Kaylee's office and handed the documents that she had just finished.

"I've asked the aunty in the canteen to leave ypu some food, go and fill in your stomach. Can't you take care of your own health? What should I do if you arw sick?", Kaylee shot the words like guns, but Clarissw knew it was because she cared.

"I had some granola bars in the afternoon. I'll go and have your thoughtful food.", Clarisse explained and acted sweetly like a little child who just got candies.

"Don't act so sweetly. There won't be any further discussion. You must attend the party!", Clarisse sighed listening to Kaylee's reaction. Seemed like there was no hope for staying in the hotel for tonight.

Actually, it had been several times when Kaylee asked her to go to several similar parties. The reason was Kaylee wished her to interact with more people, make new friends, and it would be much more better if she could find herself a boyfriend. Yes, a boyfriend. Since she was born 23 years ago, she had never even once been in relationship, thus as one of her bestfriends, Kaylee's persistence was something that Clarisse could tolerate.

"Hey,little girl! You have to eat on time!", the canteen aunty advised her as soon as she stepped into the canteen.

"I had some snacks", she smiled

"Quickly, eat this. I've just heated it for you"

Clarisse took the food to the nearest table and quietly had her food then a group of people came into the canteen. There were 2 women and 2 men. All of them were the managers from the Singapore branch. Seeing her sitting alone, they came closer and joined her.

"Little manager, why are you sitting here alone?", asked Carol, the operational manager. She was 28 years old and had hour glass figure. Everyone who looked at her would droll whether it's a man or woman.

Lifted her head up, Clarisse scanned them one by one and smiled before she said "Having my too late lunch ?"

Harry, the promotional manager, who was sitting beside Carol frowned , "take care of your health". Showing his fatherly attitude towards her since he was a father of two little daughters.

Though Clarisse was also a manager, she was a little more superior than them since she came from the main office. However, those managers who were older than her would treat her like their little sister or daughter if they are not talking about work stuff.

"Why are you guys still here? Not preparing for the party?", Clarisse asked while munching her food.

"Will you come?", asked Johan anticipating her answer.

"En"

As the IT manager, he didn't socialize much. He was an introvert, but much more better than Clarisse. Though he preferred staying at home, he enjoyed going to cocktail parties. Knowing how lazy Clarisse was in socializing, he felt extremely perplexed when he saw her nodding.

"Am I dreaming?", he asked unbelieavably.

Not only him, but the orthers were shocked as well.

"Really?", the Head of HRD department , Sharon, asked with her round eyes.

"Sister forces me."

Everyone knew who was the sister that she refereed to. Of course, the director, as well as the future wife of their CEO, ms. Kaylee. Definitely, she was the only one who could make the lazy Clarisse attend the party.

They continued to chat, and laughing during the conversation would be unavoidable. Yet, they didn't realize that there was a lean figure standing not far away looking at them with his cold stare.

"Hey,why are you here?", Hugo tapped on his left shoulder.

"Will all the staffs attend the party?", the man asked.

"Of course, it's our 25th anniversary and the reason why you are here. Why?"

"Nothing, let's go.", the man turned around and left him.

Hugo who dumbfounded when he realized he was left alone. He could never figure out what was on his cousin's mind. He only knew that everything that he did would turn out better than what everyone had expected. In his eyes, he was not only the older brother who used to sit in the corner of the room reading his own books while looking after them playing toys, he was also a master that bounded to be respected. A business prodigy! Even their grandfather couldn't do anything toward him except using some kids' tricks to force him back.