Chapter 38

Everyone was tortured to death during the meeting, thanked to the big boss' consideration toward his little girl. After finished presenting, Clarisse sat in her seat bearing her illness. No one would be able to see her suffering under the dim light and serious atmosphere, except Kevin. Knowing that she felt cold, Kevin ordered Louis to turn off the air cons in the meeting room which brought the hell feeling for others.

However, who dared to complain when they looked at the big boss felt nothing. Perhaps big boss is feeling under weather. That was what the shareholders and the directors in the conference room thought. They would have never imagined that their suffering was caused by Clarisse.

The usual three-hour meeting ended up in one and half hour because they wished to get out from the hot room as soon as possible, thus they didn't ask any questions or complaints. As soon as the meeting was adjourned, everyone rushed out to feel the air. However, Clarisse didn't move until she was the last.

She walked out from the conference room slowly before she felt a jacket was draped over her shoulders and her wrist was grabbed by strong palm dragging her along.

"Follow me"

The deep sexy voice that she could recognize without looking whose the owner of the sound.

"I'm okay"

"Follow quietly or I pick you up ?"

Kevin asked while dragging her to the parking lot where his car was. He then brought her to the vice seat and helped her to buckled the seatbelt.

During the drive, Clarisse couldn't even open her eyes. Therefore, she slept along the way to the hospital. Before coming, Louis had informed the hospital that Kevin was coming. So when they arrived, the chief of the hospital and several doctors along with nurses had been waiting for them.

Clarisse was admitted to the VIP room where the Lou family's members usually stayed.

"Don't worry, it's only a fever. She would be fine after having some rest.", explained the chief of the hospital.

"Thank you uncle."

Kevin didn't go back to the office yet accompanied Clarisse in the hospital. He sat in an arm chair near the bed working on his stuff. Clarisse didn't wake up until it passed noon. When she opened her eyes, she could see white ceilings and the smell of the infectants went pass throught her nose.

She slightly turned her head to her left and saw the man working seriously on his laptop. Soon, the man returned her gaze. He put his laptop aside and sat on the edge of the bed. He brushed her hair aside and felt her temparature.

"Get up and have some porridge, you haven't eaten.", Kevin said as he helped her to sit.

He then took the porridge that he had asked someone to buy before. It was still warm.

"I can do it my self", Clarisse tried to take over the meal, but declined by Kevin immediately.

She had no choice except eating quietly. After her late lunch, she felt sleepy, probably the effect of the medicine or perhaps she felt secure around him. Kevin helped her to rest and tucked the quilt over her, afraid of her getting cold. He then leaned forward, but Clarisse who knew that he would kiss her forehead slightly turned her head to the other side avoiding him. Kevin sighed. Seems like her anger doesn't diminish even a bit.

"I'll go first, you take a rest.", he whispered to her left ear, sending electricity to her whole body.

Although Kevin told her that he would go, in fact, he stayed in the lounge in the VIP room. His little girl was still laying on the bed, how could he leave her? He said so just to let her guard down, so she could rest well and recovered quickly.

Sleeping for another 2 hours, Clarisse felt much more better. When she woke up, Kevin came into the room along with the doctors.

"Ms. Clarisse's temperature has gone down.", reported the chief after checking Clarisse.

"Thank you doctor, then am I allowed to check out now?", asked Clarisse.

She really didn't want to receive all these privillege treatments. In addition, she still felt undescribable emotion toward Kevin.

Her question was answered by a silence response by the chief. She then saw how the chief looked at Kevin, afraid of saying something wrong. She knew, the one who had the upperhand about her check out was no other, but Kevin.

"It's time for dinner, I've asked someone to buy one.", Kevin stepped forward to prepare her dinner.

Clarisse helplessly nodded, she knew she wasn't allowed to go home that night. She then smiled toward the doctors, assuring them that she was okay. Soon, the doctors left as they always felt uncomfortable around Kevin. He was just too overbearing.

"Where's my phone?",Clarisse asked as she needed to report her condition to Sandra, or else Sandra would be very worried.

Kevin frowned while sending a spoonful of porridge toward her. Clarisse ate it before she told her reason for looking her phone.

"I need to tell my friend that I'm not going home."

"Which friend?"

"Not your business."

Kevin paused his movement. The surrounding temperature dropped to the lowest. Anyone who saw him would like to run away. So would Clarisse. However, she wouldn't let him see through her. She gritted her teeth and braved herself.

"Where's my phone?"

"Thrown"

That short answer followed with another spoon sending to Clarisse's mouth, but Clarisse turned her head away. Her accumulated anger was going to burst out. It was better for her to keep ignoring him.

Kevin who saw this little girl who had always been like a little rabbit turned into the arrogant queen that he first met in the elevator. He put down the bowl on the sidedesk. Then he turned her face toward him and he leaned forward, transferring the porridge in his mouth that he had taken before to hers.

Clarisse was dumbfound. What is he doing? Her eyes widened as big as ping pong ball.

"Choose how do you want to finish the meal"