Chapter 23

Clarisse who always fell asleep whenever she did nothing couldn't hold her sleepiness any longer during the silent drive. Thanked to certain someone that she stayed wide awake until the dawn broke.

Arriving their apartment, Kevin was reluctant to wake his beautiful angel. He carried her to her room. He pressed her password and the door unlocked. He had seen her password the night before when he accompanied her back to her room the night before.

He put her on the soft bed gently before he tugged the brown quilt over her. Her room was the studio type. The whole room was simple but cozy, decorated with mostly brown or white colour. There was a frame of her and her mom's photo. They really looked alike.

He sat down on the sofa near the floor-to-ceiling window. He took his laptop and replied all the unread email.

Clarisse was awake an hour later. She stretched her body and groaned. She then realized that she was in her room, but how? She sat immediately and saw the man was looking at her mischiveously.

"I have never known that a girl can snore so loud"

Clarisse subsconciously closed her mouth with her both hands then she softly asked "Really?"

Kevin chuckled. Clarisse knew that she was teased again.

"Why didn't you wake me up?", she asked.

"You look like you didn't sleep well last night",he replied with his wide smile.

Clarisse glared at him intensively. Who to blame ?

Kevin who knew the hidden meaning of her glaring chuckled before he dropped the ultimatum.

"You"

Clariase widened her eyes in shock. Me ? This shameless robot!

"Blaming yourself avoiding me which gave me no leeway"

Clarisse's face was red upon listening to his explanation. Kevin who saw it didn't want to torture his little girl any longer. He closed his laptop and stood up and pulled her hand.

"Let's go for dinner"

"Wait.. I look so messy"

"It's okay. Going home after all."

"Home?"

Kevin didn't answer her. Clarisse then realized the meaning of home. It was his room.

------

It had been a month since Kevin's unofficial confession and Clarisse also did as she promised. She didn't avoid Kevin, though she still tried her best not to go places that Kevin might be. She didn't jog in the morning, but she went to gym instead. After all, Sherly had been requesting her to accompanny her.

Last week, Kevin offered to drive her to the church. They also had lunch together. Their conversation would mostly about the stocks as Kevin found out she was interested in the topic. Sometimes, Kevin would also tease her which then Clarisse believed him. He would chuckle as he saw how innocent she was.

Her face would be as red as tomato when she found out that she was teased. How fool are you, Clarisse ?

Clarisse who was clumsy nearly fell when she stumbled while walking. Fortunately, Kevin was fast to hold her up. Looking her embarassed face, Kevin couldn't help but tease her again.

"Are you so nervous around me?",Kevin asked with his mischiveous look.

Since then Kevin would hold her hands wherever they went.

Arriving her own room, her heart thumped very fast like it was about ti jump off from the rib cage. Her face was red and she could feel her body getting warmer. Then her phone suddenly rang. She jumped in shock before she fished her phone out from her bag. She looked at the screen and her face immediately changed.

"Hello"

"En, I'll make sure to be free on that day. How is your company?"

"Okay, tell me if you need help. En, bye."

She sat in daze. The guilty feeling crept over her whole body.

I shouldn't have done this. After all, he is not someone that I can afford to dream of. He might only think me as a new toy which catches his attention. So Clarisse wake up from your dream.