Chapter 59

Twenty-four hours per day was not enough for people like Kevin and Clarisse who had a lot of things to do and responsibilities to bear. Moreover, Clarisse who had been working as a finance director in the leading company had to squeze out some of her time to manage her new fashion business.

Although she acted like everything was fine and she was energetic enough to still act cheerful in front of others, especially Kevin, it was inevitable to cover her sleepiness when it attacked. Almost every day that Kevin would find her spreading over the desk in the middle of night.

Since that they were getting harder and harder to meet each other. Clarisse decided to finish her unfinished work in Kevin's apartment. She would like to spend time with him despite of their busy schedule. It didn't matter for her if they didn't converse at all, as long as they stayed in the same place for several hours, like how an old couple would do.

It happened exactly the same that night when she was working then suddenly she dozed off. Kevin who had just finished his conference meeting was quick enough to hold her head before it knocked to the desk. He then scooped her up and brought her back to her apartment since he had overheard her call to Olivia that they would discuss something important in her apartment around 9 p.m after she touched down.

"Hmm...", she snuggled deeper after she smelled the familiar masculine scent.

Kevin chuckled looking at how harmless she acted. Somehow, he felt a little reluctant for her to work so hard. He really wanted to pamper her like how a little princess should live. If not for her persistence in doing everything herself, he would have established her fashion business into a word-class fashion business. He helpless sighed at her stubborness, but somehow he couldn't get mad at it because he knew everything she did was for his sake. She didn't want to embarass him for being a useless partner, which actually she wasn't and even if she was, he couldn't care less. For him, his wife would be her and only her. No matter how good or bad people say about her, he thought that she was the perfect partner, perfect wife, exclusively for him, Kevin Lou.

"Just bring me to the living room", she mumbled.

As instructed, Kevin carried her to the living room and when he was about to place her on the big sofa, her arms linke around his neck, not letting go. "Mrs Lou, are you trying to seduce me?"

She smiled with her eyes closed,yet her arms around her neck tightened. Therefore, Kevin was left with no choice. He sat on the sofa with the little girl sitting on his lap. He tousled her head "Little thing, you really have your way in everything."

"I am sorry"

"Hmm?"

"I have been neglecting you"

"I'm fine. As long as you are fine.", Kevin patted her back.

"Next month, everything will be settled."

"Be good, quickly sleep before your assistant manager comes"

She lifted up her head a little and kissed his neck which automatically aroused him. If not looking at how tired she was, he wouldn't let her off.

Meanwhile, Olivia who had just touched down immediately went to Clarisse's place. There was something important that needed to be discussed. She actually went to P province with the finance manager. However, something came up thus she was sent back to discuss the problems with Clarisse.

She had been several times to Clarisse's apartment. Clarisse even let her know her password once when she had forgotten some important documents and had to bother Olivia to bring them for her. For Clarisse, Olivia was like a mirror self of her. Their family background was somehow alike. Their struggles to have a better life, their persistence and hardwork in achieving all those dreams made her recall her hard times thus she treated Olivia very well. She treated her well and trusted her.

Olivia directly pressed on the passcode that Clarisse had given before. She opened the door and to her surprise, her cold-blooded chairman was there. 'What's going on? How is he here? And...Ms Clarisse is sitting on his lap.'

Their pose was so intimate that blinds her eyes.

"Mr Ke..vin",she stuttered.

Kevin's eyes were as cold as the ice in the Artic. He gently placed the sleeping girl on the sofa before he walked over to the door "Don't wake her up and ..." He turned to Olivia "you do not see anything"