Chapter 70

After a long silence, Regina who had noticed Kevin's presence suddenly threw herself to Kevin. She hugged him tightly. "I'm back."

Kevin pushed her, the woman that he used to cherish, but she tightened her arms around his waist. "I said I'm back."

"So?"

"Let's start over again, hmm? You know these years were hard for me. I miss you every single day."

"It's impossible."

"No no, don't say so."

"I will get married very soon."

"I know that she is only a replacement."

Kevin frowned upon hearing what she said. 'Did she mean that Clarisse is only a replacement?'

"You think too highly of yourself.", he unhooked her linked arms.

"You clearly still have me in your heart that is why you are still using this number."

Having reminded by her, he recalled that his private number was once chosen by her. However, he didn't change his number was not because of her. It was just because he didn't remember her small favour.

He admitted that he used to love her. He once loved her so much that he wanted to marry her. He planned everything to propose to her, yet on the very same day she announced to the whole world that she would marry another man.

They were childhood friends. Regina was two years older than him. When her family moved to America, he also suggested his family to move there. However, it took two years before he could finally follow her. No one knew how happy he was when he finally could reunite with her. They also went to the same university. She took medical and he took business.

He had envisioned their happy family, but she had to disappoint him. She only left him a short message after her wedding anouncement.

[Thankyou. I'm sorry. I love you.]

She then moved to Europe with her husband. She worked as a doctor, like what she had always dreamt. As for her husband, he was a second generation of Japanese mafia who stayed in Europe.

He wanted to ask why she left him if she loved him. He wanted to know what made her decide so. However, it was all in the past. He didn't feel curious about it anymore as his Clarisse was more important.

Thinking of Clarisse, he realized that he was out too long. She might worry if she found that he was not there. Although the chances were quiet small as she slept so peacefully before he came out, he still didn't want to let the possibility to happen.

His objective of meeting her was to clear all hopes that she had. He had known about her divorce and he knew that she needed a stronger backing than her ex-husband. Looking for him was a good choice of her.

"I'll arrange a position for you in one of Lou's hospitals. That's the most that I can do as your childhood friend. For others, I hope you won't be delusional.", he said those words before leaving.

It took only several steps when his phone rang again. This time, he saw the name of the caller. He picked it up "Hello?"