Chapter 51

No matter how bad it felt, Kevin had no choice instead of flying to China to do his work as the President of Alpha Company leaving his little girl in the country. As for Clarisse, she had never thought that being apart for several days from him would feel so bad.

What would it feel if one day I lose him?

Clarisse thought of that "nightmare" and felt that her heart was squeezed. She shook her head hoping to shake off that "nightmare" from her life.

Knock..knock..

The knocking sound pulled her back to the reality. "Come in", she said. Then she saw a little girl innocently came into the room.

"Here is the report ms"

"Thankyou.. I'll evaluate it first."

"Okay, then I'll leave."

Olivia had been trained under her for several weeks and her every assignment satisfied Clarisse. Therefore, Clarisse was thinking to offer her the position as the vice finance manager.

"Wait"

Olivia turned around and asked "Is there anything else,ms?"

"Come with me for the meeting"

"Meeting? But.. I'm only a trainee"

"Let you learn more"

"Really? Thank you for the opportunity ms"

By that, Olivia was sitting on the corner of the room holding a pen and a notepad. I am going to suck all information from this meeting. She swore.

Soon the directors from all departments arrive and one of them was Clarisse. Looking at the girl's spirit, Clarisse smiled.

"Oooh.. it seems like our finance director is really satisfied with her trainee", teased one of the directors.

"She looks like you when you were a trainee", another remininsced.

"Okay..no more talking. Let's begin. We still need to report later.", Clarisse advised.

"How could you start the meeting without the President?", suddenly a low voice sounded.

Soon a man in his grey suit walked into the room. Clarisse's eyes were widened upon seeing the man. How is he here? Didn't he say that he still has things to do today ?

Clarisse's shocked face amused Kevin which he wanted to put her into his embrace. Unfortunately, they were in the company and they needed to maintain the professionalism.

The meeting ended at 5 p.m and they clocked out as soon as they finished the tiring meeting. Clarisse took her things and went to the supermarket nearby before going home. She then sent a text message to Kevin.

[Dinner?]

It took less than a minute and she got a phone call.

"Hello"

"Where are you?"

"Your apartment."

Kevin had told her his passcode which gave her free access to his apartment.

"I'll be there right away.",Kevin said

Putting her stuff in the living room, she rushed to the kitchen to cook some congee for the big man. During the whole meeting, Clarisse figured out that Kevin was having fever. If you asked her how she could find out, she also didn't know the answer. However, she just knew that she had to take care of the big man.

She was busy in the kitchen when she heard the door sound. It must be him. She rushed out and yes she saw the one that she had been longing.

"I'll finish soon, go and take a shower first." She smiled welcoming him and turned around , then she suddenly exclaimed "ah.. don't take cold shower"

"Why?"

"Big boss, you are sick"

"..."

"Quickly, before the day gets darker."

Clarisse had always taught to not take shower at night if she had temperature, thus she had believed that taking shower late at night when someone had fever would worsen the health.

When Kevin came out from shower, he had changed into a grey T-shirt and long black pants which made him look homey. Walking to the place where Clarisse was, he had the urge to hug her. However, his plan failed as Clarisse suddenly turned around and screamed destroying the romantic thought that he had.

"Ahhh.."

Kevin took over the bowl that she was holding carefully. "Let me take it."

They sat together and enjoyed the congee. For her cooking, it was not unedible but to compare her cooking and his was like the difference between earth and heaven. However, for Kevin, her cooking warmed his whole person.

"How could you know?"

"What?"

"I'm sick"

"Your eyes.. perhaps? I'm not sure, I just sensed it."

Clarisse said as she collected the utensils to get them washed up.

"Just let auntie do it tomorrow", Kevin said.

"It's okay." She insisted to do it herself, afterall she had been doing this chore since she was a child.

Kevin only leaned on the wall appreciating the painting in front of him. When Clarisse finished, she turned around.

"Why are you standing there?", she asked as she walked closer to him and strecthed her hand and felt his temperature.

"Are you okay? Do you want to see the doctor? Oh.. I'll just call uncle..."

Her words were cut by his sudden action. He grabbed her wrist and forced her back to the wall. He leaned forward and kissed her neck. His actions were too fast and Clarisse could only react when she felt pain.

"Hey"

She tried to push him, but it was in vain.

Kevin actively nimbled and sucked which left marks on her neck and trailed down to her shoulder blade. Clarisse felt that his action would be more dangerous if she didn't stop him right away.

"Didn't you say that .. after marriage?"

Clarisse was embarassed to talk about "that" kind of thing.

Kevin who heard her question stopped his action, and nimbled her earlobe which sent tingling sensation through her whole body. He then whispered with his hoarse voice, "Blame you"

"Huh? Me?"

"Too tempting"

"..."

Kevin who heard no response from her smirked and kissed her forehead, then her eyes and down to her nose, next he was about to plant a kiss on her lips , but he changed to her cheek because he was afraid to pass virus to her and caused her sick.

Finished being kissed, Clarisse immediately looked for excuses to go back home.

"Eat your medicine", she didn't forget to remind him before she closed the door.