Chapter 19

It had been two weeks after they came back from Philliphines. Kaylee had come back working so Clarisse got back to her station. In addition, the big boss flew to US on the same day when they landed at J city so work was so idle.

She got up early this morning to go jogging. She put on her sport attire and sport shoes. She tied her hair to ponytail style.

She went to the jogging field which was more isolated to avoid the crowd. From a far, she seemed to see someone familiar. It's him. The big boss. Without thinking much, she turned herself and went to the other jogging field.

She was certain that he couldn't see her, but the big boss had seen her before she saw him. So her every movement was clearly seen.

The next day, Clarisse set alarm earlier than usual. Her only motive was to avoid HIM, and yes she succeeded. She didn't meet him.

For several days, she woke up earlier to avoid meeting him. However, she was not lucky today. As she had just come back from jogging, she saw him waiting for the elevator.

She then walked to the announcement board which she had never realized that there was one. She spent ten minutes in reading the announcement board and peeped to the elevator side which there was no one.

She pressed the button and waited several minutes before she walked into the elevator when it arrived. She leaned to the wall and closed her eyes, she felt a little sleepy as she usually slept at around 1 a.m and woke up around 6.30 a.m. Therefore, she didn't realize there was someone entering the elevator as well.

" Trying to avoid me?", a familiar voice asked. She knew who the owner of this cold voice was. She could feel the chill ran down through the spine.

She widened her eyes in shock and found the handsome man in front of her. She opened her mouth but there was nothing out. She made another effort.

"Dare not"

After she spouted the two words, the elevator fell into silence until it reached her floor. She slightly bowed to Kevin and rushed out. Kevin who was left alone in the elevator could only smiled upon looking her measures.

-----

Since that encounter in the elevator, they had never met for a week as Clarisse didn't go jogging in the morning and Kevin didn't return to his apartment.

On Saturday morning, Clarisse woke up as she had promised Sherly to go biking. She wore a tight black shirt and legging with a neon transparent jacket.

"Hey lady.. don't you think that it's getting harder to meet you?", Sherly nudged at her.

"You went to China for a week, then you went to Thailand for another week. Who should we blame?", Clarisse retorted.

Sherly smiled and shrugged her shoulders. Indeed, their time was just too clashed. They went to have a breakfast in nearby cafe after riding. In the middle of their breakfast, Clarisse's phone rang.

"Hello princess", she smiled cheerfully.

"Ms. Clarisse, will you come today?", the little girl's voice sounded sweetly.

Sherly who saw how glowing Clarisse was upon answering the phone knew well who was the caller. The little tofu. Sherly called Kelly little tofu as she was so fragile and weak, moreover she was often sick. After all, she didn't really like this little tofu because she felt like she lost a friend because of her.

"Of course, why?",  Clarisse chuckled as she saw Sherly's annoyed face.

"Mommy will have her birthday tomorrow, so I would like to make her a birthday present. Could you please help me?", the girl sounded begging.

"Okay. I would bring the materials later. See you."

"But.."

Clarisse was about to turn off her phone when she heard Kelly's voice.

"En..why?"

" I'm at my uncle's house"

"Where?"

"Riverside Apartment"

"Oh.. I am living there as well. No problem."

She turned off the phone and look at the woman across her.

" We will still have dinner as planned. Don't worry." Clarisse calmed the lady down.

Clarisse forgot to bring home some documents so she went to the office which was in the same district with her apartment. She went straight after their breakfast.

The security guards who saw her smiled and greeted her as it was usual for the top management staffs to come on weekends.

Unexpectedly she met the person who she had been avoiding. She got no choice except entering the elevator with documents in her arms. She bowed slightly to Kevin and the elevator fell into silence.

Her heart beat randomly upon looking how handsome Kevin was. He was wearing a black suit. She hoped that Kevin wouldn't hear it.

Kevin smiled slightly looking at the little bunny as her head hang low like a student being reprimanded by her teacher. Let's settle this down as soon as possible.