Chapter 18

After the war in the afternoon, Clarisse was extremely exhausted. She took a bath as soon as she arrived in the hotel and then threw herself in bed.

The next day, she was awaken by the alarm clock that she had set the night before. She walked to the bathroom with her messy hair. When she finished dressing, the bell rang. She took her belongings and got out of her room.

Jeff was there to pick her up as they had agreed to have breakfast together. They were ordering when two men came into the restaurant and walked to their table. Without any words, one of the men sat nonchalantly when the other man smiled toward them before sitting down.

The food and beverage manager soon came to serve the cold man exclusively. Though the hotel that they were staying wasn't the Lou's, they still had presidential suite prepared for the Lou's anytime they came. In short, the Lou's was their VIP guest.

The day was actually spent similar to the day before. The big boss still hurled questions and facts which resulted in the changing of CEO in the second subsidiary that they visited.

However, they arrived in the hotel much earlier than the day before hence Clarisse strolled around the hotel after showering.

The hotel was near to the beach so Clarisse took the chance to relax there. She didn't realize when someone was coming closer behind her.

"Hey", a man voice sounded near her ear as the hand tapped her right shoulder.

Clarisse was startled and screamed not too loudly. Upon seeing her reaction, the man laughed with his cressent eyes.

"You scared me Jeff"

"That's my purpose"

Clarisse glared at him with her fire eyes which made Jeff chuckled.

"What are you doing here alone?"

"Releasing stress?"

"En.. these few days were stressful"

"That's how life. You feel bored when you got nothing to do and you feel tired when yoy have too much"

Jeff nodded his head indicating his agreement.

"You've just recovered, the night's wind isn't good for body"

"En"

Clarisse turned back to her room after bidding goodbye to Jeff , yet he insisted to accompany her back to the room. She only smiled helplessly before following him behind into the hotel.

They chatted along the journey thus they didn't realize that not far from them, a man was glaring at their backs with fire in his eyes.

The sun hid behind the clouds hence the sky was not that bright. The four people were having peaceful breakfast. The atmosphere was nice though certain someone didn't talk for the whole time yet it didn't make them feel awkward as well.

Their third day in Philliphines was very busy. Meeting after meeting, they had to go through all of them. When they finished the last meeting, the sun had long set. Exhausted was too simple to decribe how they felt. They arrived in the hotel at around 9 p.m. after they had quick dinner.

Clarisse was too tired to do anything when she arrived her room. She fell asleep as soon as her body hit the armchair.

She then was awaken by the sudden call. She groaned as she searched for the phone with her closed eyes.

"Hello", trying her best to conceal her sleepy sound.

"Come to my room with your laptop"

Though she was half awake, she could recognize the owner's of the voice. She directly sat straight and agreed so.

She rushed to shower and put on her white chiffon shirt with white short pants. She got into the elevator to the highest level.

Greeted by a talk and sturdy man, her heart beat unconstantly. The man was still wearing the same shirt as the afternoon's. He had his sleeves rolled up showing his veins in his arms.

As she walked into the president suite, she couldn't help but amazed. There was a living room with European style, the giant bed was on the left when the kitchen was on the right.

Clarisse sat on the floral right in front of her eyes. She turned the laptop on and looked at the man.

"Which file ?"

"The main branch in Philliphines' ", he answered as he sat beside her.

Clarisse opened the file and checked the complicated document.

"Let me call Jeff to clarify", she didn't wait for the man's answer before she called.

The man looked at her without any expressions. For he deliberately made excuse to keep her by his side, yet she called another man. Too insensitive.

The reason Clarisse called Jeff was because she was also too confused as why the big boss needed any further explanation. She thought that she might make mistake so she would like to confirm.

Jeff then arrived at the same time as Louis who was called by Kevin suddenly. As soon as they arrived, Kevin gave non-stop questions to the unclear matter.

Kevin was supposed to confirm those after they arrived in J city, yet the little girl had accidentaly caused this disaster. They worked until around 11 p.m. when Jeff's stomach growled.

"I think I need some food, would you guys want some?", he turned his head to Clarisse and Louis who sat in front of him.

"French fries", Clarisse grinned.

Jeff stood up and took his wallet.

" I'll go with you", Louis followed when he noticed that Clarisse didn't have any attention to join Jeff.

Hey boss! Thank me for being so considerate.

"Boss? Americano?", Louis asked.

Kevin only nodded as his eyes still stuck on the laptop screen.

Clarisse who was left alone with the big boss of course felt awkward without reason. She pinched between her eyebrows. Her eyes were extremely tired. She needed some rest. She set her alarm and closed her eyes.

Kevin who kept on looking at her in between his work walked to his room and brought a blanket back. He put the blanket over her.

He brushed her hair to the back of her ear. He then kissed her forehead and then lowered to her lips. He was tempted to explore her lips more but he didn't want to scare this little bunny.

Kevin went to take a shower after he lost his self-control for a moment. When he came out, both Louis and Jeff had come back. Morover, the little bunny was eating her french fries deliciously.