Chapter 8

After the performance, Kelly insisted to play with Kevin. Since he was still not officially working, he brought Kelly to his condo to have some quality time.

"Uncle K, your cooking is always the best", praised Kelly as she was eating the food that had been prepared personally by Kevin.

Kevin who was praised by his own niece smiled sweetly "You sure have the ability"

Kelly looked at Kevin with her confused look, and it made her cuter.

"Brownosing"

"I don't", she pouted

"Eat a lot little pig"

"I AM NOT PIG !"

"Bunny?"

"Much better"

They laughed together with their non sensical brickering. Hence a silence room soon appeared when Kelly gabe her remarkable question.

"Uncle K, when will Kelly have Auntie K?"

How should Kevin react? If she was anyone, then he would just give an indifferent  answer or a cold stare yet this was his beloved niece.

"Soon", he smiled.

Not feeling happy upin hearing the answer, Kelly unexpectedly felt disappointed. Of course, this made Kevin confused as well and couldn't help but asked the reason.

"Do you have someone in your mind?", the cute voice asked.

"..."

"Then, Ms.C won't have the chance to be Auntie K."

Kevin was flabbergasted with Kelly's statement. Ms. C ? Could she be ?

-----

In a Japanese restaurant, there were bunch of youths, talking and laughing all their might. Clarisse walked to where the youths were.

"Hey! Our busy friend has arrived", Willy said.

"Don't say so, she is a manager. Who are you ?", Joe said. "So, how is it our dear manager?"

Clarisse frowned by their reactions upon seeing her. They were their highschool friends from her hometown. Unexpectedly most of them were working in big companies in other cities. Though, they didn't hold on position like her as manager, yet they didn't earn less than her as well. The difference between them was only Clarisse got more privillege facilities like apartment and car provided by the company.

The uncomfortable feeling was not only because of their silly reactions, yet between their lines would always be mocks.

"So, have you been in relationship?", asked Billy.

"Do you have to ask that right from the start?", Ricky tried to defend her.

"Huh.. let her order first,okay?", said Linda.

Clarisse got to breathe for a moment and ordered food. She had actually wished not to come. However, not coming would be claimed as "busy or arrogant", coming would be mocked. Such a dilemma. After all, she eventually came was because she would like to meet Linda after one and half year.

"Woah.. you are getting fairer and fairer. Are you staying indoor all the time?", asked Joe.

"Hmm..you are really getting fairer",Linda said.

"But, your skin tone doesn't look healthy one", Joe attacked.

Clarisse didn't comment anything, she only smiled or frowned the entire time.

"So.. back to the main topic, have you got boyfriend?",asked Billy again.

"Oh gosh Billy, are you trying to hit one her?", Ricky joked.

"Not yet", Clarisse answered calmly as she had answered the same thing all the time.

"See.. who asked you to reject us", Willy stated.

Yeah. All of them had ever tried to pursue her, yet she rejected them. All of them. Without any regret.

"Hmm .. I think she will definitely be with one of us", said Joe confidently.

Clarisse really wanted to puke blood upon hearing Joe's statement, but she decided to react indifferently.

She of course wished to find a man who could be in love with, yet she just couldn't trust any men. Trauma ? She didn't feel so, or did she just want to deny it? She also didn't know the answer.

After the uncomfortable meeting with his old friends, she got back to her own apartment. After washing up, she directly climbed the bed. Sleeping? Of course not. She took out her electric notebook and immersed in it. Not until 12 that she turned it off and slept soundly.

The next morning, like usual. She would changed into her sport attire, tied her hair to ponytail and went to the park nearby her apartment.

She was living in the apartment provided by the company. This apartment was one of the Alpha Corporation's projects. The apartment was part of the elite complex. So, there were several parks in the complex.

Clarisse who didn't like crowd had always gone to the calmer park and she could meet barely anyone there. She would jog for three rounds before going back to her room.