Chapter 61

Rarely did they have a day off so they both agreed to stay at home for the day. Clarisse was taking shower while Kevin was cooking for the lunch. He made a lot of nutritious food since Clarisse looked paler than usual. Though she was not sick, Clarisse suffered moderate anemia which would make her face look like she was sick.

When she stepped into the dining room, she could smell the thick traditional medicine. "You look like my mom.". Clarisse walked over to the dining table and sat with her hands propped her head waiting for the food.

"Of course. We love you so much.", Kevin shamelessly agreed while bringing the foods to the table.

He prepared all of the utensils for Clarisse. "You know, you pamper me so much that I think I can't live without you.", she said casually as she ate a spoonful.

Upon hearing what she said, his heart stopped a beat. The whole world seemed to stop for awhile. He blinked several times showing that he was dumbfounded. However, it took only several seconds before he got up and stole a kiss from her who was still munching her food. As expected, she protested "What are you doing? I am eating, don't you feel disgusted?"

"I just want to taste how sweet it is."

"Huh?"

"How can it produce such sweet words."

His praise got a hard kick from Clarisse under the table "Stop being so cheesy, I might puke what I have eaten". Though her words seemed so rude, but her flushed face and curved lips couldn't hide her giddy feeling.

"How is your preparation for the launching?". Even though Kevin was not allowed to interfere with her fashion business, Clarisse would still update about the progress to Kevin. Sometimes, Kevin would also give some suggestions.

"We have gotten a very strategic spot in Grandious Plaza. I have signed the contract as well. We have also found a very talented marketing specialist and she will act as our director."

"You know that I will always be able to help whenever you need.", he smiled and stretched his hand to tousle her hair.

"I know." She nodded. "I will immediately run to you if I can't handle it any longer, big boss"

As for the last sentence, Kevin wondered when she would do that, probably she would never give him a chance to help her.

"Ah..I guess, I need to visit P province next week."

"No!"

"But, there are some issues."

"I will handle them."

"Kevin.", she gently called his name.

"Don't ever think of it",he said without looking.

"But, it makes me look unprofessional."

"It doesn't matter."

"It's my responsibility as director."

"It's your privilege as Mrs Lou."

"I'm not!", she put her utensils down.

He lifted up his head and his eyes darkened. They looked as if they would drill through her. "YOU WILL", he stressed each word.

His overbearing attitude somehow angered her. Clarisse crossed her arms in front of her chest, her head looked side way. Her posture showed that she was really angered and Kevin felt a little guilty to have angered her with his overbearing attitude.

He sighed "Mrs Lou, you do not let me interfere in your fashion business, then can't you at least let me help you this time. After all, I have planned to re-structure the branch company there."

She turned her head to look at him and her eyes were misty. If she blinked, tears would drop. "I know. I'm sorry. I.. I just do not like it when you are so stern."

He walked over her place and knelt. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done so."

"That's right. It's not the office, I'm not your subordinate. How can you be so stern to me?". As she protested, her tears dropped which made Kevin panic. He immediately pulled her into his embrace. He patted her back. "I'm sorry. It's my fault. Of course, you are not my subordinate. You are Mrs Lou. Kevin Lou's only wife. Then, what kind of punishment that Mrs Lou would like to use to me?"

She peeked from his embrace and looked at him "Since that you are in the wrong, you should be punished." Kevin nodded at her words. After all, for him, she was always right.

"Then, I will fly to the P province with you next week."

That was how Clarisse sat in Kevin's private jet the next week.